19th Annual "AFTER THANKSGIVING INVITATIONAL HALIBUT CLASSIC" 2018 IS ON!!!

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Yep, here we go again....we're almost at that 20 year mark!!! The Halibut Classic tournament is on for another year.

This has been a great group of guys, gals and teams over the years, and just a super cool friendly vibe among those who have been in this for years.

It's open to all teams, both new and old, although it will cap at 40 teams should we get there.

The tournament will take place on Saturday November 24th this year, so start picking your teams and getting dialed in now. The tournament website is getting updated with proper dates and P.O. Box changes. Edit: UPDATES AND CHANGES HAVE NOW BEEN MADE....ENTRIES CAN NOW BE SENT IN.

This is just a heads up thread, so right now just work out the plans and dates, and start getting your teams together, and once I get the green light on all the proper website updates and changes, then I will start a new thread giving the go to start sending in team entries.

Edit: THE GREEN LIGHT HAS BEEN GIVEN....ENTRIES CAN NOW BE SENT IN!

Thanks a bunch to all of you who have helped with this, as well as all the continued teams and sponsors.....it's been greatly appreciated.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Last edited:
Reactions: cortezpirasea
Upvote 0

fishpye

Feb 22, 2004
Chula Vista Resident
Visit site
Name
John E. Pye
Boat
" The Menu" 24' CustomSkipjack Volvo Diesel
Mike, so great to hear. The Menu is in with the whole crew John, Deb, JohnII Daniel and Hali(the dog) are in and ready.

Reactions: ?? fisherman
Upvote 0

michael e. bingham

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
I would like to fish your tournament if im in town mike , I'll talk to Bryon as well , I'll known in a couple of weeks

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Mike, so great to hear. The Menu is in with the whole crew John, Deb, JohnII Daniel and Hali(the dog) are in and ready.

Thanks John.....looking forward to seeing you and the family again. Thanks for always offering up help as well....it's always appreciated, from you and all others.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Ok, the greenlight has been given to me.....the website has been updated, and the Halibut Classic is now ready to receive entries.

I am only able to post through my phone right now (which is a huge challenge and total pain), but I will eventually start a new thread giving the heads up that the tournament is on and all entries are ready to be received.

I will hopefully also soon have rules and entry forms at two tackle shop locations, with one being Dana Landing tackle ( The main sponsor of the tournament), and the other being Squidco who is also a sponsor.

Ok, that's it for now...remember, it's capped at 40 teams max, so secure your teams and lock in your place soon. ;)

Reactions: CartridgeCalls
Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Still way early on this, so putting out the reminders.....we are over a month from tournament time, so gather up your teams and get your entries in.

Tornament date is Saturday November 24th and registration is now open and we are good to receive entries.

Printable rules, as well as entry forms and other information, may be found on the tournament website.....
www.halibutclassic.com

Limited to 40 teams.

Reactions: CartridgeCalls
Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
i'm in with a couple buddies.

That's good news Rick! It will be good to see you back in the mix.....lots of good cool people in this tournament :cool:

Any others considering this years event, give it a shot. It's a good tight group of teams and anglers, and just a really chill vibe among all, not to mention by tournament standards, it's a very inexpensive tournament to fish and enter.

I know it's still over a month away, but keep in mind we will cap this off at 40 teams should we get there.

Upvote 0

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
That's good news Rick! It will be good to see you back in the mix.....lots of good cool people in this tournament :cool:

Any others considering this years event, give it a shot. It's a good tight group of teams and anglers, and just a really chill vibe among all, not to mention by tournament standards, it's a very inexpensive tournament to fish and enter.

I know it's still over a month away, but keep in mind we will cap this off at 40 teams should we get there.

can you take paypal or checks, when it comes to getting cash from my buds , it's like herding cats.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
can you take paypal or checks, when it comes to getting cash from my buds , it's like herding cats.

Yeah, checks are fine....I just need to receive them at least a week prior to the tournament. Also, once I get the entries and rules pages distributed to Dana Landing tackle on Mission Bay, they will most likely be able to process them there as well by credit card. I'm only assuming this right now, as they were kind enough to offer this up last year,,,,, but I will find out for sure on this soon, as I still need to get entries and rules pages to them in the next few days.

Upvote 0

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
Yeah, checks are fine....I just need to receive them at least a week prior to the tournament. Also, once I get the entries and rules pages distributed to Dana Landing tackle on Mission Bay, they will most likely be able to process them there as well by credit card. I'm only assuming this right now, as they were kind enough to offer this up last year,,,,, but I will find out for sure on this soon, as I still need to get entries and rules pages to them in the next few days.

Paypal makes life so much easier, you need a paypal account for the tourney. way easier to manage than cash, checks and credit cards. paypal is our friend, lol.

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
I'm probably gonna miss it this year. New job has me working Friday nights into Saturday morning.

Had a lot of fun last year with you guys. Good luck to everyone!

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
I'm probably gonna miss it this year. New job has me working Friday nights into Saturday morning.

Had a lot of fun last year with you guys. Good luck to everyone!

Awe man Bob, bummed to hear that. So they've got you working the day after Thanksgiving and into Saturday too? Bummer.

Me & Mike B still owe you a Hali trip. Too many things have gotten in the way again this year, and my water time was limited to almost nill. I've got to try and fix that problem by next year....fingers crossed!!!

Alright Bob.... gonna miss you in the tournament this year. Next year will be the big 20th year for the Halibut Classic, so hopefully you can make that one!!

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Awe man Bob, bummed to hear that. So they've got you working the day after Thanksgiving and into Saturday too? Bummer.

Me & Mike B still owe you a Hali trip. Too many things have gotten in the way again this year, and my water time was limited to almost nill. I've got to try and fix that problem by next year....fingers crossed!!!

Alright Bob.... gonna miss you in the tournament this year. Next year will be the big 20th year for the Halibut Classic, so hopefully you can make that one!!

If all works out, and I know soon enough I'll be there!

I'm looking forward to catching some buts with you and Mike B.

Don't feel too bad about not getting out. I haven't fished since the yellowtail shootout, and that was a skunk trip for us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
On another note, we are just a tad over a month away from tournament day, so round up your crew (or in Ricks case your cats :D), and make plans for a cool fun day on the water.....followed afterwards with some food, weigh-ins, winners announced, and then some sponsor giveaways for team anglers.

Upvote 0