1999 Skagit Orca 27XLC

bugging57

Gone to another site
Mar 1, 2008
Name
N/A
Boat
N/A
For what it's worth, the 1999 Skagit Orca I was looking at before deciding to go with a cat is still for sale and the owner is getting desperate to sell it. I think they may even take $35K for it.

The Bad: The diesel engine needs to be repaired, one of the 2 trolling motors is siezed and the other wont start.

The Good: Its a Skagit Orca. Stand up head, Volvo Duel prop stainless. Gel coat is in great shape other than a few cracks in the Port side transom.

I personally have no interest in the boat, just wanted to pass on the information if anyone else is looking.

Glen

bugging57

Gone to another site
Mar 1, 2008
Name
N/A
Boat
N/A
Thats the one.

Chtucker

Lowe boat denter
Feb 15, 2012
Sunshine State, AKA NOT.. Kirkland, WA
Name
Howard
Boat
Double Trouble 28' Armstrong
I looked too. I felt like I would have to plan for the worst. A full on engine rebuild, outdrive rebuild and a new kicker. I figured it would be another 20-30k to get it right. I guestimated at $15k for the motor, $4k for a kicker, and at least anoother 3k for the outdrive. Plus I was told there were a lot of smaller wiring issues on the boat. That is a lot of $$$ with a lot of unknowns.

TexMojoII

Well, Shit!
Jul 18, 2010
Lacey, Washington
Name
Larry
Boat
Parker 2820
It sounds like too much to get it in tip top shape for most of us. 60K can get you in a pretty sound boat with no headaches or worries. I am betting they will have to drop the price a few more times.