Big Bay Yachts

Ber949

May 5, 2013
Newport Beach
Name
Colin
Boat
Askmewheniwinthelotto
Unfortunately I bought what I was lead to believe was a 1994 Cabo Marine 206 Cuddycon. Obviously I did not do a sufficient amount of research before purchasing, considering this boat was not made by Cabo Marine and instead made by a far less reputable manufacturer by the name of Marine Acquiring Company. After purchasing the boat I was able to remove the fuel cell cover which is where I ran into problems. The stringers are rotted from about 3 or 4 feet from the transom all the way to at least the forward fuel cell bulkhead which is soft also. The damages are only visible if fuel cell cover is removed which I would be happy to show you. This boat will require extensive repairs and unfortunately I cannot pay a professional to have it done. Unless you have extensive knowledge in boat repair you should not consider this boat. The boat comes with a 1995 Johnson 150 two stroke, cranks but will not turn over last I checked; also comes with a 95 Pacific dual axle trailer.
Asking $5,000. Email me if interested at [email protected]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 769
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 755
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 736
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 724
Upvote 0

Carpfisher

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
Jul 3, 2012
Carpinteria
Name
Paul
Boat
226 Cabo Cuddycon, 16' Bayrunner
Ya, looks like a Cabo, But I do remember reading about the company that took the operation over. Good info to know. Sorry for your trouble.
I hope you find your dream Cabo. It's out there somewhere.

Reactions: triton91
Upvote 0

mike1010

Almost A Member
Feb 17, 2013
SUMMIT
Name
Michael
Boat
none
Sorry that you got burned, but you're picking up all kinds of good karma for that hones presentation. Hats off.

Upvote 0

Jon McMullen

Mar 9, 2014
Name
LBJMac
Boat
Not yet
What a bummer - sorry to hear that. Did you have a report done by an accredited surveyor prior to purchasing the vessel?

Upvote 0

Halibut Howie

1987 Cabo 216
May 22, 2003
San Diego
Name
Halibut Howie
Boat
1987 Cabo 216/F150 "Have Not Blown-up Yet!"
I believe Harvey Boats or something like that out of Oregon bought the mold from the bankrupt cabo company back in the 90's. They made a look-a-like version of the 216 but without the fit and finish. This could be one of them. My 1987 Cabo216 is still going strong after over 2000 hrs. Still has the original 105 gal aluminum fuel tank.

Upvote 0

ratboy

I Should Upgrade My Account
Nov 18, 2006
sc
Name
jason
Boat
katie sea
Unfortunately I bought what I was lead to believe was a 1994 Cabo Marine 206 Cuddycon. Obviously I did not do a sufficient amount of research before purchasing, considering this boat was not made by Cabo Marine and instead made by a far less reputable manufacturer by the name of Marine Acquiring Company. After purchasing the boat I was able to remove the fuel cell cover which is where I ran into problems. The stringers are rotted from about 3 or 4 feet from the transom all the way to at least the forward fuel cell bulkhead which is soft also. The damages are only visible if fuel cell cover is removed which I would be happy to show you. This boat will require extensive repairs and unfortunately I cannot pay a professional to have it done. Unless you have extensive knowledge in boat repair you should not consider this boat. The boat comes with a 1995 Johnson 150 two stroke, cranks but will not turn over last I checked; also comes with a 95 Pacific dual axle trailer.
Asking $5,000. Email me if interested at [email protected]
I hope you called the guy out if he told you it was a cabo, always run the HIN # if you don't intend on getting a survey and at least you will get a manufacturer name, then do your own research.
Sucks sorry!

Upvote 0

ranchero

fishing-pox..?I have fishing plauge
Apr 29, 2004
SD
Name
Al
Boat
25 skipjack -Albatross
Can t believe such assholes exist! No class, small time, rip off artists...

What s the extent of the damage and how it effects structural integrity? Pound it with a urethane hammer on both sides to see how solid. If you need to drill into a stringer to check core so be it. The thing might just be worth using long as it's safe. Think about a surveyor now anyway. Even if selling, pay for the survey and take the guesswork out for the next guy. It may make the vessel more marketable.

Far as the 2 stroke- you should be able to get a manual and start diagnosing to see what the issue is. The fact it cranks is a good sign!

In future- 220 for a good surveyor- even if you know your shit- is worth a 2nd or 6th set of eyes.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
Shouldnt the MFG been on the pink slip?

Sorry you got had! It's happend to a lot of people in one way or another.

Upvote 0