1995 24' Radon

DeadlyD

Feb 8, 2021
Napa
Name
Dave Douma
Boat Name
Cabo
Question about a 24' Radon. Was Don Radon still making this boat in 1995?? or is it possible that it was built by another boat maker? I have done some research into this, but can't find out for sure. Is there a way to know for sure. ID #, CF#? Just curious if someone has a little insight on this. Thanks in advance. I don't have any pics to share yet. Maybe after this weekend. Cheers. Dave

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 18, 2005
So Cal
Name
mark
Boat Name
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
@sbsurfer and a few other 805ers seem to know most of the radon details,Im sure one of them will chime in when they see this.

Reactions: DeadlyD
Upvote 0

acefuture

@acecraftco
Apr 3, 2019
Costa Mesa, CA
Name
Ace
Boat Name
Always changing
Jeff Chamberlin (@point_arguello_yacht_club on instagram) knows alot about the history as well. I know Jeff Hull is the only one doing Radons now, but Radon Jr was until just recently as well

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 18, 2005
So Cal
Name
mark
Boat Name
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
There is also a big thread on spearboard called "the legend of radon" that has a ton of info,I want to say that yes he was building them in 95 but im not 100% sure of that.Other Radon family members also produced those hulls to though (I think) in norcal or oregon in that time frame.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sbsurfer

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 19, 2010
Name
Mark
Boat Name
29ft Radon - 15ft Hobie Power Skiff
What does the pink slip/title say...who is the manufacturer?

I'm not quite sure when Don stopped making 24s, but I think it was in the 80s when he switched to building sport boats and less commercial fishing boats.

H&F was making 24s around that time, Ron Jr too but he was only a boat or two per year. Does it have a dip bow?

https://www.radonboats.com/history.html

Upvote 0