He's On Again!?!
May 31, 2003
Poway redneck
www.wedigscripps.com
Name
Ron
Boat
23' Maritime Patriot
This is absolutely 100% my boat that sank in the channel. I have many pics and can verify. My friends name is on the title . Stop posting misleading ads. The boat is SALVAGE TITLE. You do not have a title with your name on it. Once you go to register it is SALVAGED.

Get a clue and stop posting bad information. This boat is a total loss and will need a full rebuild which is fine, but call it what it is....

I like the "What works and what doesn’t work: I don’t know. I would be shocked if anything electrical worked as the fuse holders are the old glass style and badly corroded".

I guess that would probably have something to do with the boat capsizing in the ocean?

Some people aren't too bright!

Upvote 0

Blktailhunter

Almost A Member
May 14, 2010
Kitsap County
Name
Brad
Boat
Whaler
Just curious. If a person were to try and resurrect this boat what would have to be done? I’m assuming new motor and controls, all new electrical, new gas tank, pumps, batteries, fix the broken and missing parts. Anything else? I once had an 1987 216 Cabo I sold and it was the worst decision I ever made. Loved that boat.

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Just curious. If a person were to try and resurrect this boat what would have to be done? I’m assuming new motor and controls, all new electrical, new gas tank, pumps, batteries, fix the broken and missing parts. Anything else? I once had an 1987 216 Cabo I sold and it was the worst decision I ever made. Loved that boat.
Yes all of that.Another concern i would have is how wet things got,foam,wood,etc. I work on boats and wouldn't even consider paying anything near his asking price.And i could do the work myself.

Upvote 0

Hustler

He's On Again!?!
May 31, 2003
Poway redneck
www.wedigscripps.com
Name
Ron
Boat
23' Maritime Patriot
Yes all of that.Another concern i would have is how wet things got,foam,wood,etc. I work on boats and wouldn't even consider paying anything near his asking price.And i could do the work myself.

And more importantly, when you're done spending a fortune, basically building a new boat, you will have a salvaged title boat (which not many people would want and you would have a hell of a time trying to sell it). My two cents...

Upvote 0

Spoons

USCG Master
Oct 21, 2004
San Diego/SF Bay
Name
Capt. Erik
Boat
21' Center Console
And more importantly, when you're done spending a fortune, basically building a new boat, you will have a salvaged title boat (which not many people would want and you would have a hell of a time trying to sell it). My two cents...

here’s some info. CA doesn’t salvage title boats. That’s why he’s able to tout that info. Trust me i looked into it.

Reactions: Hustler
Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2009
El Cajon
Name
Rodney
Boat
Cabo 216, Bayrunner 16, Pro Line 19, Robalo 19, Four Winns 20, Tremblay 17
This is absolutely 100% my boat that sank in the channel. I have many pics and can verify. My friends name is on the title . Stop posting misleading ads. The boat is SALVAGE TITLE. You do not have a title with your name on it. Once you go to register it is SALVAGED.

Get a clue and stop posting bad information. This boat is a total loss and will need a full rebuild which is fine, but call it what it is....
And while your "checking the hull" heres a higher res pic for you.

View attachment 1136735

View attachment 1136736
Well I was going to give you a chance to save your reputation but it appears that that's not going happen. Your story is full of holes and I'm going to prove it. Within the next few hours.

Upvote 0

Reel 007

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 12, 2006
Glendora Ca
Name
Leon
Boat
28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
Well I was going to give you a chance to save your reputation but it appears that that's not going happen. Your story is full of holes and I'm going to prove it. Within the next few hours.
Maybe you should put your efforts into salvaging your reputation.

Upvote 0

hilltop

lurking in the shallows
Jan 1, 2010
sb 805
Name
hilltop
Boat
sold, pangas, Intrepid, and diggin the RRIII
wow is all I gotta say..............comon man, WTF

Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2009
El Cajon
Name
Rodney
Boat
OK. This is a long twisted tale and I don't think this is the audience that can actually follow along... nevertheless here I go...

I call this Exibit A. Exibit A establishes several important facts.
1. The author of this post pictured is claiming ownership of the boat.
2. This is very serious stuff - someone could die, no joke...
3. The author wasn't on the boat when it sank.
4. The boat was 10 miles out when it sank.
5. On a sidenote, the author is extremely detailed not only of the story of the boat sinking even though he wasn't there he is also extremely detailed about the boat's specific rigging (that mean's set-up for you non-boaters out there).

Exibit-A.jpg

Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2009
El Cajon
Name
Rodney
Boat
Next up I'd like to give a big
THANK YOU
for posting those high res pictures!
Thank-You.jpg

Sunk-Cabo-1-front.jpg

Let's us anylize these pictures shall we?

Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2009
El Cajon
Name
Rodney
Boat
The Cabo posted by the author.
Sunk-Cabo-1-Bottom.jpg

Here is my Cabo 216 - and coincidently enough it is that specific author's former boat!
A BIG THANK YOU to the former owner for announcing themselves.
M-C-B-F-2.jpg

My-Cabo-bottom-flipped.jpg

Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2009
El Cajon
Name
Rodney
Boat
Let's look even closer shall we?
The boat that actually was sunk.
I want you to put your glasses on by the way.
It's bright white.
Look at that line. Sorry, I'm not a professional photoshop line type of guy.
S-C-2-B.jpg

Here is mine - and the former owner/author's.
M-C-B-F-3.jpg

M-C-B-F-4.jpg

OH - IT GETS SO MUCH BETTER!!!
"But wait Johny - there's more..."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.