Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2009
El Cajon
Name
Rodney
Boat
Cabo 216, Bayrunner 16, Pro Line 19, Robalo 19, Four Winns 20, Tremblay 17
1994 Cabo 216 CuddyCon by Marlin, 21’ 6” cuddy cabin center console, very rare and desired hull. This is a project that doesn’t run. $7,550 make an offer, I am not desperate to sell it. This boat is located in El Cajon, CA.

Please read the entire listing before contacting me. Thank you.

The hull: the fiberglass/gel coat of this Cabo 216 is the least damaged of any of the three Cabo 216’s I’ve owned (one of which just sold for $25K by a different seller). Solid transom, solid deck, there are no soft spots anywhere. The bottom has never been beached or painted, the entire hull has one very small chip in the fiberglass on the starboard side below the rub rail as seen in the pictures (the chip does not affect anything other than its appearance), it has a small group of stress cracks in the gel coat where the rear of the tower bolts to the bulkhead on the port side (pictured), there is one hairline stress crack in the gel coat at the fuel filler that’s about 3” long, and the last hairline stress crack is where the floor meets the bulkhead on the starboard side that is about 4” long, the entire rest of the fiberglass/gel coat is damage free. The hull has a swim step, hydraulic trim tabs (I do not know if they work), kicker motor mount, a lot of rod holders, and a lot of storage compartments. I do have a clear title for the boat. Some of the exterior cushions are missing. All of the cuddy cabin’s cushions are there and in good shape. The pilot’s seat needs recovering. 1/3 of the carpet in the cuddy cabin is falling off but still in good shape. The cuddy cabin windows are in good shape. Both of the plexiglass doors for the cuddy cabin are broken.

The outboard engine: 1998 Yamaha 225 2 stroke with EFI. It has a 25” shaft. The engine is seized and does not turn over. There is metal deposits on all of the port side spark plugs. If you want to buy this boat without the engine I will knock $800 off the purchase price of the boat and remove the engine.

What works and what doesn’t work: I don’t know. I would be shocked if anything electrical worked as the fuse holders are the old glass style and badly corroded. It has a Furuno Nav/fishfinder, a NavPac system control, and a ICOM IC-M412 ship to shore radio. It does have a stereo system with 4 speakers but I haven’t looked at it at all. The gauges are Yamaha digital but the face of the displays do not show well. The steering turns but it is very stiff and I have not diagnosed that yet either.

The trailer: tandem axle with drum brakes on the leading axle. The brakes do not work. The trailer has no title. The trailer has no lights. The trailer does not fit the boat properly as the bunks need to be moved. The trailer is the correct length. The trailer is covered with surface rust but there is no actual rust rot/cancer. I have 4 wheels and tires that match and the tires are near new. Besides not having brakes the trailer/boat tow well. The boat, trailer, and the engine weigh about 4700 pounds.

I can install your engine on it if you would like, willing to trade for a center console or a WAC in any condition plus cash and I am not interested in trading for anything else, $7,550 make an offer, I am not desperate to sell this boat, I can assist with delivery with a large deposit.

619-787-798 seven, my name is Rod.

There is an anonymous person posting an ad on Craigslist that this boat has sunk off of Catalina Island and that this boat does not have a clear title. He posted a picture of a boat half sunk with the bow up. That boat he posted is not a Cabo 216 and it is in fact a Google image. The title is in my hand and it is clear and is even pictured in all of my listings for the boat. Other than having the capability to tell a potential buyer if the boat did in fact sink I really don’t care if it has sunk. It is a major project and needs nearly everything with the exception of: fiberglass, gel coat, and structural work. I personally don’t believe the boat has been sunk. I am trained in boat inspections and I have done it on a professional level many times in the past. However the electrical system does make me curious because it is badly corroded. If this boat sunk someone took great care in cleaning it up to make it appear as if it hadn’t been sunk and if that has been done it isn’t known by me otherwise I would write it here because again I don’t care if it has sunk. The biggest reason why I don’t believe this boat has sunk is because in the first ad the anonymous person posted he wrote that I am a liar and am a dishonest person and that’s how I know the person is full of ____ and has never dealt with me and in fact knows nothing of me. My name is Rod Davis, I am half owner of this boat and the seller of it, my eBay username is hotrod56cars – check my feedback. Give me a call or a text if you're seriously interested 619-787-798 seven, thank you.

20200325_104850.jpg

20200325_104832.jpg

20200325_104938.jpg

20200325_104907.jpg

20200203_101047.jpg

20200325_104458.jpg

20200203_101222.jpg

20200203_101205.jpg

20200325_103945.jpg

20200203_102002.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: Big_Tuna_
Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2009
El Cajon
Name
Rodney
Boat
It would be good to know the truth from someone who isn't hiding with an anonymous post on a site notorious for scammers (I'm not referring to this site).

Either way, it's up for sale.

Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    It would be good to know the truth from someone who isn't hiding with an anonymous post on a site notorious for scammers (I'm not referring to this site).

Either way, it's up for sale.
    Here is the thread confirming that this boat has sunk. Check the CF #'s. Also states the price the insurance company was selling it for. So not sure if you got scammed or if you're the one trying to scam.

Upvote 0

oceanski

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 6, 2015
    Valley Center
    Name
    Taylor O
    Boat
    2003 Davis Bahia
    Not cool man. Don’t forget to mention the one you sold had 30K worth of work done to it AFTER it was sold by you.

I’d steer clear of this boat fellow BD members. Unless you can get it for a couple grand and do a full refit to it like I did with my Cabo. (Not by Marlin.)

Reactions: jgf and Hustler
    Upvote 0
    Aug 20, 2009
    El Cajon
    Name
    Rodney
    Boat
    1. This is not a Cabo 216. It isn't even close and you people that have commented are boaters? The flat spot is on the wrong side of the rub rail lol.
    Screenshot_20200422-035249_Samsung Internet.jpg

2. Idk how in the ____ anyone could acuse me of being a scammer as I literally wrote out the entire scenario. Wtf lol

Upvote 0
    Aug 20, 2009
    El Cajon
    Name
    Rodney
    Boat
    Not cool man. Don’t forget to mention the one you sold had 30K worth of work done to it AFTER it was sold by you.

I’d steer clear of this boat fellow BD members. Unless you can get it for a couple grand and do a full refit to it like I did with my Cabo. (Not by Marlin.)
    Whats not cool about it? And he spent more than $30K on it, where did I write that he didn't? There is absolutely nothing misleading there either.

I sold the last one for $12,500, did you expect the next seller to sell it for $25K after having done nothing to the boat? LOL!

You people are absolutely nuts.

Upvote 0
    Aug 20, 2009
    El Cajon
    Name
    Rodney
    Boat
    I'll have to check the hull out today to compare this image that's in the other thread.
    20200422_041331.jpg

But why a self proclaimed friend of a previous owner of the boat would use a Google image of the wrong hull to prove that this boat sank is beyond me.

Upvote 0

Sandieangler

Wax~Chalk~Resin
    Oct 1, 2017
    San diego
    Name
    Trevor Ton
    Boat
    Mercado de pescado
    Come on man 😂🤯 how can you be so naive about this. This is clearly the same boat, there are several threads on here from the incident of when it sank with pictures of the same CF #. Also your Facebook post comparison shows in both pictures that there is a black mount on the port side bow rail so yes, that boat that is tombstoning is not only a Cabo 216 but it is also the same one you are trying to sell.

Reactions: oceanski
    Upvote 0

Hustler

He's On Again!?!
    May 31, 2003
    Poway redneck
    www.wedigscripps.com
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    23' Maritime Patriot
    "I am trained in boat inspections and I have done it on a professional level many times in the past. However the electrical system does make me curious because it is badly corroded. If this boat sunk someone took great care in cleaning it up to make it appear as if it hadn’t been sunk and if that has been done it isn’t known by me otherwise I would write it here because again I don’t care if it has sunk. The biggest reason why I don’t believe this boat has sunk is because in the first ad the anonymous person posted he wrote that I am a liar and am a dishonest person and that’s how I know the person is full of ____ and has never dealt with me and in fact knows nothing of me."

Seriously?

• Haha
    Reactions: plj46 and oceanski
    Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    It would cost more than this boat would ever be worth to get it fishing again.

Upvote 0

Trayscool

Captain
    Sep 26, 2008
    Long Beach
    www.skipjackmafia.com
    Name
    Travis
    Boat
    NO BOATS
    This is absolutely 100% my boat that sank in the channel. I have many pics and can verify. My friends name is on the title . Stop posting misleading ads. The boat is SALVAGE TITLE. You do not have a title with your name on it. Once you go to register it is SALVAGED.

Get a clue and stop posting bad information. This boat is a total loss and will need a full rebuild which is fine, but call it what it is....

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Spoons

USCG Master
    Oct 21, 2004
    San Diego/SF Bay
    Name
    Capt. Erik
    Boat
    21' Center Console
    So Rod, I guess the only l question left to ask is how much did you pay the salvage auction site for it? lol My guess is $500 or less

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.