JWPI

Apr 10, 2011
Riverside
Name
Jack
Boat
24' Osprey, 25' Parker, 25' Rogue Jet
Hey Ricky,
Good luck with the sale of the boat. I sure liked it, just didn't have the time to deal with it. I know you said you mailed my deposit back but it's been over a week and I haven't seen it. Without a tracking number I have no recourse with the post office. I'd appreciate you taking care of that.

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2019
El Cajon
Name
Darren
Boat
1995 robalo 182
Just curious I thought they way a deposit works is that money insures the buyer that the seller will hold the item and not sale to someone else and if buyers backs out he loses the deposit because the seller could of already sold to someone else. I could be wrong. Nice boat GLWS

Reactions: Chanosky
Upvote 0

Rickdiculous

Jun 1, 2004
Oceanside
www.oceansideanglersclub.com
Name
Rick
Boat
58' Viking "Rickdiculous"
Just curious I thought they way a deposit works is that money insures the buyer that the seller will hold the item and not sale to someone else and if buyers backs out he loses the deposit because the seller could of already sold to someone else. I could be wrong. Nice boat GLWS
Darren,
Thanks for that, not only did JWPI "Jack" give a deposit, he text me the morning I was on my way to the harbor to sea trial the boat. It was during a week day, so I didn't go into work that day, had the boat hooked up, and was on my way to meet him when I saw the text that he cancelled and didn't want to complete the purchase. I asked how much of his $500 deposit he felt he should get back and he said "$500". He then said if the deposit wasn't refundable then he wouldn't have given me one?
What the hell is a deposit for if its refundable?
Anyway, once his check cleared my bank I told him I would mail his $500 back to him. Since I felt he was not a great guy I took a photo of the check, photo of the date stamped envelope, and a video of me dropping the envelope in the post office mailbox.
Jack somehow thinks I have control on how long it takes the post office to deliver mail?
After sending him that proof of the photos and video I started getting text from him saying I didn't mail it and mail doesn't take that long!
Sellers beware, this guy does nothing but waste your time!
And now he tries to blast me on this site?
What a tool!

Upvote 0

yakdout

Professional
  • Jun 26, 2014
    San Diego
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    s and hoes
    Darren,
    Thanks for that, not only did JWPI "Jack" give a deposit, he text me the morning I was on my way to the harbor to sea trial the boat. It was during a week day, so I didn't go into work that day, had the boat hooked up, and was on my way to meet him when I saw the text that he cancelled and didn't want to complete the purchase. I asked how much of his $500 deposit he felt he should get back and he said "$500". He then said if the deposit wasn't refundable then he wouldn't have given me one?
    What the hell is a deposit for if its refundable?
    Anyway, once his check cleared my bank I told him I would mail his $500 back to him. Since I felt he was not a great guy I took a photo of the check, photo of the date stamped envelope, and a video of me dropping the envelope in the post office mailbox.
    Jack somehow thinks I have control on how long it takes the post office to deliver mail?
    After sending him that proof of the photos and video I started getting text from him saying I didn't mail it and mail doesn't take that long!
    Sellers beware, this guy does nothing but waste your time!
    And now he tries to blast me on this site?
    What a tool!

sounds like you did way more than you had to. You were definitely nicer to him than I would have been.

Upvote 0

Rickdiculous

Jun 1, 2004
    Oceanside
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    I just didn't want anything else to do with the guy, giving him $500 back was the easiest thing to do. I mailed it Friday afternoon on the 22nd, He text me on Tuesday that he didn't get it, then again Wednesday telling me to go to the post office and ask where his check was? Then he asked for a tracking number??
    Hopefully a mederator takes his post down and blocks his account on here.

Upvote 0

Rickdiculous

Jun 1, 2004
    Oceanside
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Hey Ricky,

Still don't have my deposit back on the boat from a month ago.
    Hey Jack,

You have my number, and my address, but yet you still want to post this crap on here for everyone to see?

I sent you a video where I put the check and addressed envelope into a post office mail box on the 22nd of January. It was addressed to Jack Williams at 16069 Van Buren Blvd # 436 Riverside Ca. 92508? Hopefully you gave me the right mailing address?
    I am not to blame if the post office lost the mail or someone stole it out of your box, it is in their hands. Either way, if you called or text me I would have told you to come to my office and I will cancel the check and hand you your $500 deposit back. Even though after you gave me a deposit to purchase you cancelled the morning of the seatrial and I stayed home from work and was on route to meet you with the boat.

Upvote 0

JWPI

Apr 10, 2011
    Riverside
    Name
    Jack
    Boat
    Maybe if you'd used the right address, 19069 it might have gotten to me. You've done nothing but delay this for almost a month. Let me know when the check will be in your office and I'll send an investigator by to pick it up. Otherwise I'll see you in court.

Upvote 0

Rickdiculous

Jun 1, 2004
    Oceanside
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    I sent you a photo of the envelope with that address on it, you didn't say a word that the address is wrong until now? Like I said you have my address, come get your $500. Call or text first so I can make sure i'm there. Or you can send your "investigator" and I will have my "CFO" issue a payment. GREAT DEALING WITH YOU JACK!

Upvote 0

My One

Jun 19, 2016
    California
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    Triumph 210
    I sent you a photo of the envelope with that address on it, you didn't say a word that the address is wrong until now? Like I said you have my address, come get your $500. Call or text first so I can make sure i'm there. Or you can send your "investigator" and I will have my "CFO" issue a payment. GREAT DEALING WITH YOU JACK!

should have made it non refundable, tire kicker, and time waster.

Reactions: historic
    Upvote 0

Rickdiculous

Jun 1, 2004
    Oceanside
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Well, when I took the deposit, I thought that was the whole reason. Non-refundable deposit, holding the boat, while we took a sea trial. He wasted other guys time as well looking at a different trailer telling them he had purchased the boat and wanted a different trailer. I'm sure they felt the same, a waste out of their day meeting this guy.

Question? I gave his deposit back because I didn't want to deal with this guy anymore. Instead of texting me or calling me to see why his replacement check hasn't arrived, ( because I put the wrong address on it, I screwed up and put a 6 in place of a 9) He decided to blast me on Bloodydecks about his $500 he thinks he deserves back. I'm almost thinking about fucking with him and let him take me to court?

What would you do? If anything its something for everyone to watch while we are on our computers hiding from covid?

Upvote 0

JWPI

Apr 10, 2011
    Riverside
    Name
    Jack
    Boat
    I did text you and you said to take it up with the Post Office because you were busy. I checked on another trailer because you didn’t have a title on this one, even though you said you could get it And had someone working on it. Apparently they weren’t working too hard because it looks like you still don’t have it even though it’s been a month. Court works for me. You’ll be paying court costs.

Upvote 0

My One

Jun 19, 2016
    California
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    Triumph 210
    Well, when I took the deposit, I thought that was the whole reason. Non-refundable deposit, holding the boat, while we took a sea trial. He wasted other guys time as well looking at a different trailer telling them he had purchased the boat and wanted a different trailer. I'm sure they felt the same, a waste out of their day meeting this guy.

Question? I gave his deposit back because I didn't want to deal with this guy anymore. Instead of texting me or calling me to see why his replacement check hasn't arrived, ( because I put the wrong address on it, I screwed up and put a 6 in place of a 9) He decided to blast me on Bloodydecks about his $500 he thinks he deserves back. I'm almost thinking about fucking with him and let him take me to court?

What would you do? If anything its something for everyone to watch while we are on our computers hiding from covid?

People like him are the reasons I hate selling anything. Damn tire kickers and time wasters. Me personally I would say [email protected]&$ off, my time was worth more then your petty $500. And a public forum was not the place to take up your grievances with another member, you must have triggered the snowflake. That’s what PMs, text, calling, or BS small claims court is for. His pettiness has truly come out in all forms. Oh but wait the trailer isn’t registered, so what that’s part of the deal figure it out. Anyways I like your rig it’s a nice setup and if it’s still for sale in March I’ll be hitting you up.

Upvote 0

Rickdiculous

Jun 1, 2004
    Oceanside
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Thanks Melostorm, In the ad I said up front that the trailer isnt registered. The guy I purchased it from passed away lobster diving, he registered the boat and not the trailer after he picked it up from florida. Its in the ad, and part of the price. The guy just likes to waste other peoples time, I feel sorry for anyone he contacts that is selling a boat. Hopefully they see this thread!
    And as I said, if he would text me and tell me when he or his "investigator" is coming out, I would hand him $500 cash to go away! For some reason, he won't?
    I think he likes dealing with drama! Which is why he started this on Bloodydecks in the first the place.

Upvote 0

JWPI

Apr 10, 2011
    Riverside
    Name
    Jack
    Boat
    Actually, tried your cell and got two rings, then a busy signal. Joaquin at your office said you'll be in Monday. We'll see what your excuse is tomorrow. If you're not going to be there, just leave a check, I'll have it picked up, and this will all be over. I'll eat the court fees just to be done with you. I knew the trailer wasn't registered, that's why I talked with Tom about a new trailer. As for being a tire kicker, I also had appointments scheduled the same day as the sea trial with my bank for a wire transfer, with Barbara at Dona Jenkins to have the boat documented, which you knew about as we were going to meet there, and at H&H to see about some new motors. I also talked to Rolie at West Marine about new electronics. But that little story you told me about a different boat you'd sold stuck with me. And, about ten days later I paid $70k cash for a boat.

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.