1990 & 1994 Truline Swap project

flanker7

Mar 31, 2011
kingston wa usa
Name
Tev
Boat
" The grocery getter" 18ft 1996 Truline CC, Unnamed 2002 Hewescraft 179
Traded my 1980's 20ft Olympic Cuddy for a 16ft Sterling/Truline 3yrs ago and never regretted it for a minute. It may be small but it's mighty. Got the joy of tuning it in just how I wanted. New paint inside and out. New electrical, downriggers, fishfinder, pot puller, seats. I put my stamp on everything.

Then I was approached by Defiance Marine. "We want to start building these boats again. Want an 18ft with a pilothouse?" Hell yeah I do. But I don't have an extra $24k. Opportunity lost.

Or so I thought. A coworker was checking CL and found one. 18ft Truline that needed work for a cheaper then expected price. I hustled over and brought it home. So now I get to move all of the awesomeness that I installed on the 16ft to the 18ft. Pictures are of the old boat and the new "in progress " boat. I'll post more as it comes together. Fiberglass repair and interior paint is done. Now to install the engine and get it wired
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
Look like a stable skiff for Inshore. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

flanker7

Mar 31, 2011
kingston wa usa
Name
Tev
Boat
been powering through this project. Got crab season just around the corner. Engine is hung, cables ran, Dual battery system installed, new steering cable needed. Getting all the little things put in there places. Found some time and added the T top. Inadvertently patriotic color scheme since the top is blue. Still a ways to go but she's usable now.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The boat came with the hummingbird fishfinder and was planning on adding my lowrance but was told that the two can't work near each other. I figured it would be ok since they both work on different frequencies. Anyone have any experience with that?

Upvote 0
Oct 1, 2013
Oakville,WA
Name
Allan
Boat
Osprey 26 LC / 20 Willie Predator/ 16 Willie DB/ ARSC Guadalupe
Those are cool boats ... I had one for awhile and wish I would've kept it. Are you going to sell the smaller one?

Upvote 0

flanker7

Mar 31, 2011
kingston wa usa
Name
Tev
Boat
Eventually. I'm still swapping parts. I'd like to sell it with a working motor and rigging. Ideally to someone who knows and loves these boats.

Upvote 0

twotrack

habitual scopolamine abuser
Dec 14, 2011
San Clemente
Name
Scott
Boat
Sin Barco
Mexicanos son Norteamericanos, but I was thinking the same thing.

Upvote 0

flanker7

Mar 31, 2011
kingston wa usa
Name
Tev
Boat
I like to think of them as Pacific Northwest approved pangas. You throw some canvas on the sides and a propane heater under the console and you're ready to go

Upvote 0