WHALER21

Almost A Member
  • Aug 27, 2006
    Cerritos
    Name
    Carlos
    Boat
    BW Justice 17', Parker 2320, 15' Boston Whaler & 16' G3
    Yes, it makes a big difference if it was made by Innovator or Radoncraft by Davis.
    If the hull was infact manufactured by Innovator, is the hull quality build compromised possibily due to sub standard manufacturing practices and materials used versus if it was manufactured by Radon or Davis? To the sellers credit, he did an great job restoring this boat and it looks really nice.

Reactions: pinche guero
    Upvote 0

ratboy

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Nov 18, 2006
    sc
    Name
    jason
    Boat
    katie sea
    Ratboy, I posted that document in reference to beam measurements I was getting DM’d about. Not about who built it. I don’t think you are in the market are you? I just thought you were making a statement. Pink says Radoncraft, not “Davis”, so you would know better than I would since you owned two. This is my first Radoncraft. What I do know is this boat is 32 years old and is still solid and got a lot of life, unless the Davis one catches more fish or gets better surf does it matter who built it at this point? 😂🤔
    I'm always in the market, and yes it does matter, wasn't bashing anything I was asking if you knew who built it. I looked into buying it when it was in Santa Cruz, Scott told me but I couldn't remember if it was a home built finish or Harold. Harold built some radoncrafts, and I've owned one that was built by Harold and one that was a hull and deck finished by someone and had a "homebuilt" HIN that's why I asked...... I agree its a bad ass boat! And it's the Indian not the bow that catches fish.

Reactions: sbsurfer
    Upvote 0

Torrn

216 Cuddycon So. Cal
    Mar 9, 2007
    SB
    Name
    BC
    Boat
    1986 Cabo 216 Cuddycon
    Wow, she's been well taken care of! Really nice to see. That's my old boat the "Paloma" named after my daughter. I had her from 08-13. She was a bare skiff when I bought her with a 90 on back that blew within 3 months. Anderson and Radon did the T-top and electrical work. I'd consider a splah gaurd on front, made a huge difference for me. I've been in some horrible weather on that boat in the SB Channel, traveled across from SB to Santa Cruz 6 times, slept there twice, and she always (obviously) brought me home safe. Caught just about everything that'll bite a hook between SLO and Ventura. GLWS! She looks about as dialed in as you could possibly get her.

Redneck6.jpg

Redneck7.jpg

BoatPaloma.jpg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

SurfSeeker

Captain
    Jan 8, 2014
    Santa Barbara
    Name
    Taylor
    Boat
    Radon 15 "Bixby Bandit" (SOLD), Hawkins 10, 17' Outrage
    From the pictures it looks to be a very well put together boat! Very seaworthy and capable boat! I'd feel safer in this boat than many others larger than this. GLWS!

Upvote 0