1989 IMP 220 Sportsman

Discussion in 'Check Out My Boat Customization' started by trlrtrsh67, Aug 31, 2014.

1. pierguy

pierguy Newbie

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    25' Farallon Whaleback Pilot- "REEL UP"
    I'll split up the other Marathon pics...haha...

Baja and Farallon 031.jpg

Baja and Farallon 005.jpg

2. trlrtrsh67

trlrtrsh67 Porch Honkey

Name:
    Rich
    Boat:
    14' Gregor / IMP 220 Sportsman WA
    I see a few spots that you could fit some extra rod holders! I came across pics of your boat the other night and was gonna message you about it. Good to know there is a few guys out there to question about these boats!

3. skillett

skillett Newbie

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    25' Skipjack Sportsman
    :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  4. trlrtrsh67

trlrtrsh67 Porch Honkey

Name:
    Rich
    Boat:
    Gonna tap out for now. Realized the motor needs to come out this afternoon so I can address the exhaust pipe leak. Was hoping to do a quicky fix and get a few trips on the boat before winter sets in but it just aint happening. Having the engine out will give me time to clean up the engine compartment and mount the new bilge pumps and plumbing, maybe throw some gaskets at the motor and generally just take my time doing things my way. Ill just have to hop on a few 3/4 or overnights to make up for it until spring. Who the hell wants to catch tuna, wahoo, wsb, and lobster in the same day on their own boat anyhow?? El nino happens like every other year still...right? This thing will be ready for rooster fish on the beach at Santa Barbara Island this coming spring! LOL

5. disD1

disD1 Member

Name:
    andy
    Boat:
    disD1
    I'm facing pulling mine, too, to repair the stringers.

6. skillett

skillett Newbie

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    25' Skipjack Sportsman
    Hey Rich, Im sorry to hear that...elnino is forecasted til spring 2015 if that helps. I hope it goes easier than you anticipate and we all get a shot at a winter rooster! Keep in touch.

7. skillett

skillett Newbie

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    25' Skipjack Sportsman
    The floscan deal didn't work out well and so far Im out the $$ and have a worthless gauge... I turned my sites to the much needed ff/gps/plotter. After much research and with consideration to budget vs. wants I went with a Lowrance Elite 7 Chirp. I got the best price from Hodges and the unit was delivered on time as promised. I've yet to install....possibly today! I have only 4 trips on this boat so far, the first three were island runs and I did well because I know the areas I fished would produce, but the last trip for yellows was a bust! My guessing game was way off and we didnt even get short bites, nada. Hopefully this new unit will be the ticket, and Ill have some more accurate information on the performance of my boat....happy fishin!

8. trlrtrsh67

trlrtrsh67 Porch Honkey

Name:
    Rich
    Boat:
    Sounds good. Looking forward to hearing your numbers.

9. disD1

disD1 Member

Name:
    andy
    Boat:
    disD1
    Don't give up on the Floscan. Properly identify and resell what you got stuck with. I found mine on oBoy for $200

[​IMG]

10. skillett

skillett Newbie

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    25' Skipjack Sportsman
    That's the 5500...b-20-1....? Lol. Thats the one I had on my skippy...great piece!

11. skillett

skillett Newbie

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    25' Skipjack Sportsman
    20141102_161508.jpg Well...my luck continues. The lowrance elite7 chirp I bought is defective. Apparently lowrance has issues with this unit and a couple others, they lock up on start up and won't respond at all.... I have to return the unit on my dime and await a replacement. IT DOES LOOK GREAT...LOL

12. Team Sency

Team Sency Unleash the hounds!!

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    JuiceBox2
    Lowrance makes a solid looking and highly functional unit, but man I had all sorts of issues with them and have had none with other brands. Glad they are at least sending you a new one and home is bug free.

13. skillett

skillett Newbie

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    25' Skipjack Sportsman
    Great news....My fish finder is up and running. On advice from Lowrance I downloaded an update to a thumbdrive that transfers the info to a micro sd card, then plugged the card into to unit and turned it on....30-40seconds of the start up screen and bing, its working! Lets see now how she sees....whew.

14. brokeass boater

brokeass boater Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Gregg
    Boat:
    24' Skipjack w/Pilothouse, 21' Marada, 15' Boston Whaler
    I didn't know about any issues with these units. I've been eyeing one for my Skipjack project. Post a review of the FF and what you think about it,,,gregg

15. skillett

skillett Newbie

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    25' Skipjack Sportsman
    Hey, REAL NICE SKIPPY!. I had a 24 fly for 14yrs, lost to a divorce...I loved my skipjack. Anyhoo...the Lowrance issue continues. I spoke with a rep from Lowrance and he told me to download an update from their site and upload it to the my unit and that should take care of any issues. I did this and it worked, but for only 2 days of fishing, the evening of the second.day it would not work...it gets stuck on the start up screen, as it did before the update. This is very aggravating as I couldn't set my nets, no sounder, no gps, no bugs! Money, time and disappointment was the cost. I have ONLY owned Lowrance equipment and this is not my first issue with them. I started with the LMS, have had the HDS and now this, the Elite7 Chirp... Im done. This is my last Lowrance...Ill be looking to Simrad for my next purchase unless Lowrance is able to satisfy this issue quickly. I bought the unit from Hodges and paid a fair price, but they want me to uninstall the entire unit and send everything back, IF that is truly the case, then it will be for a refund, not an exchange! I've taken a fair amount of.time to install the unit cleanly which includes filling old installation holes and drilling new ones for this unit....Im really discouraged by the quality control by Lowrance....they know this unit and one or two more are having this issue and still allow them to be sold to the public anyway. I went to Staples to buy the thumb drive and micro sd card I needed to download/upload the update and the.kid who helped me said that he knew exactly what I needed, he just helped another guy with the same issue!!.....I will not buy another Lowrance product, I really lime the unit's looks and features, BUT IT DOESN'T WORK....UNRELIABLE!

16. tanner.s

tanner.s Fish Slaughterer

Name:
    Tanner
    Boat:
    1997 Proline 23 W/A
    I've had the exact same issues with my Elite-7. Was getting stuck on startup, cutting out and being buggy. Sent it in and they replaced a few things for free and sent it back, still no bueno. After resetting it three or four times over the course of a month it has corrected itself and is now working 100%. I would definitely get a Simrad if I were to do it again, they sell some awesome equipment.