1989 Bayliner ciera 2556 input needed

blubby07

Aug 24, 2009
Oceanside Ca
Name
Josh
Boat
21 Parker cc , and 2556 cierra yes its a bayliner (The Dude Man)
since i clean upholstery and carpet for a living I dialed in the interior. Then put in a new starter and batteries turned it over and she fired right up and purrs so stoked!
Image.jpg

Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
you really should (if you haven't already) do the impeller. start fresh so you know its history. i'd also pull mani's and risers and check them out. both those items can be a major set back if they fail. best of luck!!

Upvote 0

blubby07

Aug 24, 2009
Oceanside Ca
Name
Josh
Boat
you really should (if you haven't already) do the impeller. start fresh so you know its history. i'd also pull mani's and risers and check them out. both those items can be a major set back if they fail. best of luck!!
For sure thanks!

Upvote 0

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
WHEN YOU PULL YOUR EXHAUST IF YOU WANT TO CLEAN THEM I HAVE A ACID TANK. NO CHARGE, HAPPY TO HELP.

Reactions: blubby07
Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
You Scored.... Congrats.... the cierra is a good looking model.... Good Luck....
Home run 101....

Reactions: Calis
Upvote 0

blubby07

Aug 24, 2009
Oceanside Ca
Name
Josh
Boat
Thanks guys, the only things im trying to figure out is the tilt motor doesnt work and the switches up top on the flybridge dont work. It's probably something simple but i have zero experience with electrical so to me it looks like a nightmare!
I'm Sure the wiring just runs parallel from the cabin up top so i guess just take my time and replace old fuses and switches until it works. Should i just pull the tilt motor and bench test it?
Thanks

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
See!...What did I tell you..........

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Check for power at the switches.....and at the motor....

Upvote 0

blubby07

Aug 24, 2009
Oceanside Ca
Name
Josh
Boat
Check for power at the switches.....and at the motor....
Yeah you were right Frank!
Ok i have 12 volts at the pump but no dice so i guess i need to pull it and see if it can be rebuilt or just needs to be replaced.
Maybe theres a relay on the motor thats bad hopefully

Upvote 0

Bondrvr

GOT A CUSTOM ROD FOR MY WIFE,,,,GREAT TRADE
Feb 12, 2010
Chula Vista
Name
mike
Boat
'99 Albemarle 280XF- Bubba Jean 28; Livingston LV-14 -BABY J
For that price you can't lose.

I didn't see mentioned the year of this boat, but the mid-80s Bayliners were solid and did not have the hull blistering problems that the later years did.

Spend $300 on a full detail and buff/polish and you are ready to hit the water. After changing the engine and outdrive oild and flushing the cooling system.

My boat is an '84 Bayliner Contessa that I've outfitted for fishing and cruising. I've owned it for 24 years now. It has been pretty much bullet proof over the years, with one repower about 12 years ago.

It's been slipped all these years, with an Armor Hull liner.
Who does a full detail and buff / polish for $300.00 , I am in!!!!

Upvote 0

PaDDy Killer'

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 9, 2008
Santa Clarita
Name
Patrick
Boat
Parker 2520 & 17' Whaler
Excellent buy!! Congrats on the new sled. I think you got a lot of boat for the $$$. Perfect timing too.

Upvote 0

blubby07

Aug 24, 2009
Oceanside Ca
Name
Josh
Boat
Well bench tested the tilt motor and it works fine. Not getting 12 volts to the motor and the electrical looks like a pile of spaghetti power goes up to the flybridge so im thinking of making it really simple up top. All i think i need is horn trim tabs ignition and thats about it. I can turn on nav lights, courtesy, etc from the cabin. I put in a new impeller today and it sucked!
Super tight but its done.
Thanks for the replies, so far only $500 bucks into it. Hopefully i wont exceed $2k thats my goal

Upvote 0

blubby07

Aug 24, 2009
Oceanside Ca
Name
Josh
Boat
Well it keeps getting better I thought the outdrive was Omc with a vp lower unit turns out its a volvo penta outdrive alltogether its a 290? Put in new fuel line today and put some new fuel and it runs perfectly

Reactions: Calis
Upvote 0

the Goodlife

SMILE!!!!! YOUR NOT DEAD!
Nov 19, 2008
PQ
Name
Aaron
Boat
14 & 20' Bayliner, Thee Goodlife & Captin Morgan
:appl:you will have the family out in no time!.. good job and good luck!. :cheers:

Upvote 0

blubby07

Aug 24, 2009
Oceanside Ca
Name
Josh
Boat
Just a quick update, Ive been working on the electrical and got the tilt motor all sorted out with the help of friends.
Worked on the teak outside and it cleaned up pretty good, also fixed the vhf radio and have that working well.Buffed out the starboard side and that shined up nice, gonna do a sea trial on sunday aka booze cruise.
next is just getting all the switches up top working and installing a new sound system.
Image 4.jpg
Image 2.jpg
Image.jpg
Image 1.jpg
Image 3.jpg

Reactions: bman440440
Upvote 0

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
LOOKING GOOD!

Upvote 0

BrokeLoser

Feb 16, 2011
SoCal
Name
Broke Loser
Boat
Striper
I think you scored Josh.
Good job buddy!

Upvote 0

daer1303

Feb 23, 2009
hacienda heights ca
Name
tim
Boat
24' skippy flybridge "Two Shaè"
Great score man! I looked at the exact same model before I pulled the trigger on a skipjack. Love the flybridge model boats. So much more cabin space. Glad to hear it didn't have an OMC outdrive those are no Bueno! Only bad thing about trailer the 2556 is you need to have an oversized load permit due to the 9.6 beam :(. Enjoy your score!!

Ps the reason I didn't purchase the 2556 when I was looking at it was the owner blew the motor on it while we were out on the sea trial. Bad impeller never sucked up anyway and motor over heated so bad due to no high temp alarm and he wasn't paying attention to the gauge. Had to be towed in. I took my money and said thanks for he experience.

Upvote 0

ShadBurke

Just a Guy and his Boston Whaler
Oct 28, 2005
Carlsbad
Name
Shad Burke
Boat
22' Boston Whaler Guardian
9'6" is an annual wide load permit from caltrans for something like $95.....

not a big deal in the scheme of things.......

Upvote 0