1984 Skipjack 20 - Pacific Galvanized Trailer - Yamaha Hi-Thrust 4 Stroke Kicker

Big Bay Yachts

Bodega Dave

May 31, 2005
Windsor, Kalifornistan
Name
Dave
Boat
Skipjack 20
1984 Skipjack 20 Open, Volvo-Penta 280 Outdrive, Rebuilt 350 w/0 hours, Yahmaha 9.9 Four Stroke Hi-Thrust Kicker w/Power Tilt Bracket, New Bimini Top/Isinglass, Stainless Tubing Radar Arch/Frame, Garmin Chartplotter/Fishfinder, VHF Radio, Factory Welded SS Bow Rail, Factory Welded SS Stern Rail with Swim Ladder, Galv. Bow Anchor Pulpit. <Photos show Downrigger Mounts but no Downriggers or Mounts are included.>

7000# Over-rated Pacific Galvanized Trailer, Newer Actuator, Disc Brakes, Poly Brake Lines, LED Brake/Tail Lights, Side Bunks w/Galv. Mounts, Radial Trailer Tires w/Spare. Have all new galvanized bunk support brackets, u-bolts, and bunk carpet - not installed.

Due to my experiencing ongoing Health issues (Cancer, etc.), my classic Skipjack has been sitting 4 years. Main 350 motor has been rebuilt and has 0 hours. Yamaha kicker has less than 300 hours. Outdrive was rebuilt but needs work - relatively minor. Fuel Tank (67gal) is in good condition but will need interior cleaning due to sitting. Boat Hull is in very good condition.

Motor Mount and Fuel Tank Stringers were replaced due to Dry Rot. All the dry-rotted wood was removed, New stringers were formed up with fiberglass-resin sealed plywood then poured with $1000 worth of liquid epoxy from TAP Plastics fortified with woven roven for strength. Stringers will never rot again and are much stronger than wood. Deck and Transom are structurally sound with no issues.

The Skipjack 20 is truly a versatile boat with a Hull built like a Tank and can do it all. I've had her 45 miles off Bodega catching Albies, in the Sierras chasing Kokanee &amp; lunker Browns/Macks, and up at Lake Sonoma towing Skiers &amp; Tubers.

You could say this is a "Project Boat" because it does need some work. If you have the skills, it wouldn't take that much to get her back on the water. Once the issues are fixed, the value of the setup would easily be $10k+.

Price reduced to $4000 Cash - I will not accept less.

wEF3cFq.jpg
upload_2017-9-2_14-43-21.gif

0xc0vNF.jpg

EUu5zCA.jpg

CWDVqrk.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

K-Dogg

Jun 11, 2017
Oregon
client.schwab.com
Name
Ken
Boat
Skipjack 20 Open
Thanks Dave, but I found a 1970 Skipjack 20 Open on a tandem axel trailer in Reedsport, Oregon for $500 cash. The transom and stringers are rotten, the trailer has a bit of rust, but I couldn’t take a pass on the boat. Good luck with a quick sell!

Upvote 0

Bodega Dave

May 31, 2005
Windsor, Kalifornistan
Name
Dave
Boat
Skipjack 20
Thanks Dave, but I found a 1970 Skipjack 20 Open on a tandem axel trailer in Reedsport, Oregon for $500 cash. The transom and stringers are rotten, the trailer has a bit of rust, but I couldn’t take a pass on the boat. Good luck with a quick sell!

Thanks for letting me know, Ken. Whoever ends up buying mine won't ever have to worry about stringer rot with my 20. Already fixed that by removing all the dry-rotted wood in the motor mount and fuel tank stringers. Formed up new stringers with fiberglass-resin sealed plywood then used $1000 worth of liquid epoxy from TAP Plastics fortified with woven roven for strength. Stringers will never rot again and are much stronger than wood.

Reactions: eMan
Upvote 0

Bodega Dave

May 31, 2005
Windsor, Kalifornistan
Name
Dave
Boat
Skipjack 20
What kind of work does the Outdrive need?

I was told a $6 plastic bushing needs to be replaced as it is damaged/missing and is causing air to enter the flow of cooling water from the outdrive causing cavitation at the water pump and overheating when the boat gets up on plane. I was told the outdrive has to be removed and mostly disassembled for the damn thing to be replaced.

Upvote 0

Surhammer

Gaff Master
Jan 26, 2014
Big Sur, Monterey Bay, CA
Name
Surhammer
Boat
'84 Skipjack 24 with Pilothouse, Trident 13
Hey, I was just wondering what sort of fixed mount you had your kicker mounted to? I’m considering the Adventure Marine 4100 to mount my new Yami 9.9, but having a conflict with trim tab line and scupper hole on my ‘84 -24’ Skippy. Any pics available of how you did it?

Upvote 0