zorzal

Aug 13, 2019
Orange County, California
carcaman.com
Name
carlos caballero
Boat
Coming soon
This boat is a sought-after classic in excellent condition, purpose-built and comfortable, sitting on a premium, as-new trailer. I bought from another BDO'er last year, and fixed her up to spend a summer tuna fishing with my son, but COVID has scrambled our plans and this boat deserves to be fishing. It is ready to fish immediately, doesn't need a penny of additional work.

Engine fully serviced by Jerid's Marine Repair in Mission Viejo, in February (Service records available). Trailer completely serviced in March (Also Jerid's). Since serviced, the boat and trailer have less than 10 hours use on them.

She starts reliably, warms up in a couple of minutes, rides like a larger boat would, and cruises comfortably at 15 to 19 knot between 3500 and 3900 RPM, with lots of power left available (check this video to see how she handles chop: http://carcaman.com/pictures-and-videos/). Range at least 200miles. Estimated fuel burn: 5 gal/h, 3.8 mpg (haven't used enough to be more exact)

Volvo Penta AQ 145A 2.3L 138HP inboard, Volvo 280 Outboard, fully gone over February 2020, replacing distributor cap, rotor, points and condenser, timing belt, idler pulley, raw water impeller and O-rings, spark plugs, alternator belt, fuel-line and inline filter, motor, lower oil, oil, hoses, boots and clamps on outdrive. Doghouse is insulated, padded, hinged, and vented twice. Transom is clean and solid.

Clean hull, minimal gel coat wear, bottom paint shows age and could be redone, but intact and sea-worthy as is. Flush decks with clean epoxy deck coat; in-deck fish-hold/beer cooler located under helm floor. Raw water wash down, bait tank, and bait bag, all work great. Open anchor well (new anchor/chain/rode included), clean anchor cleat and roller. Front storage hatch behind vented original wood door. 60+ gallon gas tank. Solid gunwales with flush-mounted rocket launchers. Original wood (teak) rub rails and trim throughout. Visit http://carcaman.com for deck walk-through video.

Center console with fold-away windshield, 3 original rod-holders on each side, lighted bait tank in front that doubles as passenger seat, and older but fully-functional electronics:
- Lowrance HDS 5x Fishfinder
- Garmin GPSmap 492
- Simrad AP12 autopilot
- Saturn analog compass
- Working VHF radio with 6 ft antenna on T-top
- Original ignition panel, blower and analog gauges
- New switched (1/both/2) marine batteries (Dec 2019 and Feb 2020), Groups 27(750MCA) and 24(700MCA)
- Fully functional, fuse-protected, switchable main panel: running lights, raw water pump, navcom, bilge pump, spreader lights, autopilot
- Speakers are good but needs new stereo

Aluminum T-top
- With 4 rod holders in front and 4 in back
- Custom leaning post, super-comfortable cushioned double driving seat, with 4 rod holders on back rest
- Clean canvas

Trailer fully renewed in March, rides great, excellent braking, towed easily with my RAM 1500 and my son's v6 Tacoma:
- All-new disk brakes, brake lines and circuit
- New lever lock actuator, safety and controller
- New solenoid shield and valve
- New rails, bunks, bunk carpet, hubs, bearing buddies, keel rollers, hardware
- All new lights, all electrical rewired
- New safety chains and wiring harness

Also included:
- Custom cover, sets up in minutes. Could use new velcro, but closes and fits perfectly
- New 7 lb. Danforth anchor w/25' chain and 110' rode
- Dock lines, fenders, fire extinguisher, rabbit ears, wash down hose, parking chocks
- Super-soaker-style emergency bilge pump (never used)

Stored in the best dry storage spot at Embarcadero Marina, Dana Point, which I can transfer to you at time of sale. Clean title and pink slip in hand for both boat and trailer. No tire kickers please. Drive over and take a look any time the yard is open, call/text if you need help. Bring license and cash in your pocket if you want to test drive.

Visit http://carcaman.com for more pictures and walk-through video.
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 7.png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 6.png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 9 (1).png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 11 (1).png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 12 (1).png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 13 (1).png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 23 (1).png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 31.png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 15 (1).png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 26.png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 23.png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 28.png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 30.png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 42.png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 21.png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 38.png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 29.png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 3.png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 25.png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 17 (1).png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 43.png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 35.png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 33.png
1984_Stringari_Skiff_ - 32.png

Upvote 0
Feb 28, 2016
sb
Name
Jose Caballero
Boat
"Reveille" 17' arima sea chaser
Dana Pt. Embarcadero Marina. My dad showed to a few folks today but I think it’s still there. You should be able to check it out. PM my dad, he’ll give you details.

Upvote 0

zorzal

Aug 13, 2019
Orange County, California
carcaman.com
Name
carlos caballero
Boat
Coming soon
Sorry about lack of replies, I don't have a lot of practice with this forum: I am watching the post, but BDO somehow doesn't forward me your responses (?).

Will come by couple times a day to fix that.

YES, the boat is still available. Sitting in Embarcadero Marina, Dana Point.

Upvote 0