NewportMatt

Let's All Just Get Along
Jun 13, 2015
www.oldspoolfishingcharters.com
Name
Matt Schubert
Boat
Old Spool - Parker 2520
I do have a receipt from Cogswell Marine in San Diego showing about $8500 in work done on this motor in May 2016. Most was flywheel related stuff but also included a new starter and a going through of the outdrive.

Upvote 0

NewportMatt

Let's All Just Get Along
Jun 13, 2015
Name
Matt Schubert
Boat
Old Spool - Parker 2520
Had the boat sold. Towed it all the way up to SF for the guy to tell me he doesn't want it anymore. I pulled it up in front of his house. "It's dirty" he tells me. "Doesn't look like it did in the pictures". HA! Been sitting in a dirt lot for two months and then towed 375 miles. "Yeah, it's FUC**NG dirty! Wash it, put it in the water, and BAM it looks like it did in the pictures". He was too stupid to understand. Took his $4k deposit and came home. What a nightmare.
Either way, the boat is back in the water and on my mooring. She fired right up and I took her out for a quick spin. All good. Back for sale.
NEW lower price of $34,500. Very motivated to sell. Will deliver by sea to anywhere from SD to Santa Barbara. I ain't towing it one more mile.

Upvote 0

LarsTheViking

Sep 21, 2013
Dana Point/CA/U.S.A.
Name
Lars T.
Boat
1990 Team Scarab 31 by Larry Smith. Twin Yamaha 250 OX66 EFI.
Got tied up on the phone when I was going to bump your ad and when I hit return I saw you'd just bumped it :) Sorry about your S.F. trip and Not so sorry for the idiot that passed on it. He probably wasn't the sole decisionmaker and too weak to admit it. Your boat is just way too much boat not to sell very soon. GLWS

New ad: https://www.popyachts.com/sport-fis...-newport-beach-california-132257#&gid=1&pid=1

Blackman Boat history: https://www.bdoutdoors.com/don-blackman-and-his-fabulous-fish-machine/

Sister boat in action:

Last edited:
Reactions: NewportMatt
Upvote 0

NewportMatt

Let's All Just Get Along
Jun 13, 2015
Name
Matt Schubert
Boat
Old Spool - Parker 2520
Upvote 0

Maui Miles

Apr 14, 2015
Hollister, Ca
Name
Jeff Gibson
Boat
45' AGUILAR SPORTFISHER
Just to clarify things I gave Matt a deposit in good faith and gave it to him via Paypal $3000.00 and when it showed up at my house it wasn't a 34.5k boat in my opinion and cut my losses and gave him $1000.00 to tow it back down again just being a nice guy which I am and seeing his distress of having to tow it back with the crusty trailer. I am not stupid nor an idiot but made a bad decision of buying a boat sight unseen and was so stoked about getting a Legendary Blackman Billfisher I took a chance. Bottom line, look at a boat or vehicle before you buy it. Trailer made it there and back not sure how GLWS. I'm sure it is a solid boat but looking at things realistically I declined to buy it. So he made a chunk of change for a small road trip and I learned a lesson in life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0