NewportMatt

Let's All Just Get Along
Jun 13, 2015
www.oldspoolfishingcharters.com
Name
Matt Schubert
Boat
Old Spool - Parker 2520
Selling my Blackman 26. Boat runs on a Volvo Penta KAD 32 with under 1200hrs. Motor recently serviced with regular maintenance items. Volvo Dual Prop stern drive just got painted and zinced in the last couple months.

Boat is done right. 60 gallon bait tank, 3/4 ton fish hold, head w/holding tank (all plumbed USCG approved), sink, 20 gallon freshwater tank (with a pump on it for fresh water wash down on deck), fridge, dinette table that converts to bed, v-berth, 1750watt inverter, stainless steel electric windlass (new this year), Furuno radar, AutoNav autopilot, Two fishfinders (one new last year Garmin Striker 7SV), Chartplotter, NEW outriggers, bimini top, 2 VHF's, hydraulic steering, radio with BOSE speakers. The list goes on and best part is it all works.

This boat is a dream for local offshore fishing. Sips diesel. Cruising at 15 knots it gets about 2.5 mpg. Cruising 18-19 knots gets you about 2 mpg. Top speed of about 25 knots. Boat raises fish!

Selling only because I have another offshore boat and two boats is too much. I use this one more but just did a full repower on the other so going to go that direction and need the $$ to pay for the repower. I am a licensed USCG captain and own a fleet of boats in commercial use. This has been my personal boat and has been well taken care of.

Boat is on a mooring in Newport and can be shown anytime. In the water so sea trial is easy but do not waste my time. Boat just got surveyed last year and can show you the results of that. A lot has been done since the survey. I know every square inch of the boat and will be happy to take you through it inch by inch.

IMG_20170613_124523.jpg PART_1497398505268_IMG_20170613_160938.jpg PART_1497398585061_IMG_20170613_124755.jpg

Upvote 0

NewportMatt

Let's All Just Get Along
Jun 13, 2015
Name
Matt Schubert
Boat
Old Spool - Parker 2520
My bad guys! Price is $41,795 OBO. Was so into the detail of listing it I forgot to price it.
Boat is located on my mooring in front of the American Legion in Newport Beach. It will have to be moved upon sale.

Upvote 0

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
Here's your boat Mikey....

Reactions: marlyn
Upvote 0

NtensiV

It is what it is....
Feb 26, 2016
SoCal
Name
Steve0hands
Boat
Parker 2530
Also, who or what company serviced your boat and what exactly was serviced/fixed/replaced?

Upvote 0

NewportMatt

Let's All Just Get Along
Jun 13, 2015
Name
Matt Schubert
Boat
Old Spool - Parker 2520
My phone is giving me all kinds of issues getting photos off of it and on the computer. I have another few pictures I will hopefully get posted tomorrow.
I believe her beam is 8' 6" but could be wrong. Unsure on weight. Maybe check online for specs?
Larsons shipyard in Newport did my outdrive paint and outdrive oil change. I did raw water impeller (preventative), coolant change, oil change (motor and compressor), as well as new primary and secondary fuel filter. Just the basic stuff you do regularly...
No trailer. She does fit well on one though.
The interior picture posted...when you step in there is an enclosed head on your right. Jabsco manual pump head new in March. On your left is the dinette table that folds into a bed. Forward of the enclosed head is the sink, hot plate, and coffee maker. There is a wall mounted outlet powered from the inverter by the sink so you can run this stuff real easy. Under the sink is a fridge. Forward in the vberth is a nice bunk. Interior is comfy and is great for Catalina weekends. Has everything you need.

interior.jpg

Upvote 0

NewportMatt

Let's All Just Get Along
Jun 13, 2015
Name
Matt Schubert
Boat
Old Spool - Parker 2520
Finally got phone situation figured out so here are additional pictures. Call or text 714.206.9283. This boat is ready to fish today.

IMG_20170613_122945 (1).jpg IMG_20170613_124441.jpg IMG_20170613_124606.jpg IMG_20170613_124616.jpg

Upvote 0

NewportMatt

Let's All Just Get Along
Jun 13, 2015
Name
Matt Schubert
Boat
Old Spool - Parker 2520
Nice old boat they seem to hold their value

It isn't the boat that holds the value besides the fact people keep these boats in good shape and powered well. The diesel and outdrive alone is a $25k package. These boats are so bitchin' that people will pay for that kind of power package in it because they are such a good fishing platform. It's rare to find a beat up Blackman 26, they are too loved by their owners.

Upvote 0

bajabills

Calm Seas and foamers, its fun time...
Apr 30, 2012
Ca
Name
Bill
Boat
blackman fishmachine
Beam is 8'6. Weight.? Not counting the skiff . About 6600. Dry.
Here's some specs and design achievements Don was aiming for in the brochure.
And other info you might find helpful.

IMG_0628.JPG IMG_0629.JPG IMG_0630.JPG

Upvote 0

NewportMatt

Let's All Just Get Along
Jun 13, 2015
Name
Matt Schubert
Boat
Old Spool - Parker 2520
Hey fellas, boat now comes with a trailer. Two axle. In decent shape. Boat will be on trailer in Newport Back Bay most likely next Friday. Still in water until then.

Just a little more info. Have had the boat for a year. In that year I did:

New back deck put in (back deck was rotted when I bought it)

Put in separate bulkhead (in fish hold) to make room for holding tank

Installed head and holding tank

Sent in radar to Furuno for refurb (works great now)

Sent in autopilot to AutoNav for refurb (works great now)

Put in new stainless steel electric windlass

Fixed all electrical (Everything works)

Removed old fridge and replaced with new one

Took out alcohol stove and put in dual burner electric stovetop

Plumbed fresh water tank with a pump to get it out on deck

Installed new fishfinder (Garmin Striker 7SV)

Put on new outriggers (Precision Marine)

Put in more bilge pumps (one in each separate bulkhead compartment)

Polished fuel

New racor fuel separator

Motor maintenanced religiously

Sterndrive painted (March 2017)

I did a bunch of other stuff too. This is just what I remember off top of head. I definitely don't own a boat and not work on it... Of course once the majority of needed work is done it is listed for sale. I have a serious problem as I am sure a lot of you guys do too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
question for ya....as I'm "in the market" for one of these......

is it just the angle or the photo, or is the engine hatch is not flush?

Upvote 0

NewportMatt

Let's All Just Get Along
Jun 13, 2015
Name
Matt Schubert
Boat
Old Spool - Parker 2520
question for ya....as I'm "in the market" for one of these......

is it just the angle or the photo, or is the engine hatch is not flush?

Engine hatch is not flush. Comes up about an inch. It honestly is not an issue. Besides when I first bought the boat and was concerned about that I have never even noticed it when out fishing.

Matt

Upvote 0

NewportMatt

Let's All Just Get Along
Jun 13, 2015
Name
Matt Schubert
Boat
Old Spool - Parker 2520
Bump. Price drop to $39k. That is a heck of a deal on a 1200 hr diesel Blackman 26 with all the extras this boat has.

Upvote 0