PENN

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Make it six days straight staring in the eyes of seven!!!! Well I worked this morning but Jason was making it tough telling me of the 150+ lbs Opah he had close three times before hook pulled. Two on my boat this year but I caught not!!!! Ours only in fifty to sixty range. Anyway my son and I left the receiver at 2:30 today. Pays to have been a deckhand on the Clemente as a youth and younger man back with Harmon and George and the gang. Anyway with limited time bolted to 209 couple boats bendo!!! But extreme Plunker!! My boy got a rat. I got a standard yft 11# then saw birds at 33.04.57 117.51.22 three straight in 20 lbs range. Now we are talking!!! 73.2 water see a trash can lid kelp! 33.03.55 /117.52.47 caught a 28# dodo. My boy had his flouro crack. My fault. At least it's better on me. Not another scale for a hour. On a hunch and water temp chart. Bolted to 181 area. No kidding saw a tuna go air for what seemed like ten feet!!! My boy G. He brails a scoop instant hookups both on his was a meaty one. It comes to color at 30 min it's a 52# bft nice!!! But gets better I get two a 66 # And a 41# at 32.53.30/117.53.21 it's now 6:25. I had G 72.5/73.8 temp break was key. start trolling in to Dana at 8 knots. Cleaning the catch. Just about to do the last dodo and double hook up. But it can't be all good ??? Or can it??? Two huge Skippys!! We dumped them and washed down!!! Hit the mercs. In by dark. Got boat am set for morning!!! For my friends I m getting info on Yami tool. Get R Done Jeff

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
SICK!!

WTG brother, you're an animal!!!

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Working on pix sorry!! My camera is having issues. Will make a post of pix from last week.

Upvote 0

Rimack

Old School
  • Jun 24, 2011
    Elk Grove
    Name
    gary
    Boat
    WORKING ON IT.
    Post those money shots

Upvote 0

steelhead88

Marriage is not a word; it is a sentence!
    Aug 18, 2008
    Ventura
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    GRAYLIGHT- Custom 23' Aluminum Pilothouse
    Sounds like you need to go back to work to fund a few more freezers in the garage. Can this year get any better?

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
    HB
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    Line up
    Sounds like you need to go back to work to fund a few more freezers in the garage. Can this year get any better?
    I donate a lot to charity. Great write off!!! Just like the 2200 lbs I donate from my Jan 18 day trip on RR3 still had 1200 lbs tuna wahoo processed. It's all fun semi retired at 49. Lol about time to crash. Just ran off some whores at proud Mary's. Lol standard harbor trash. Love it!!! Will try m load more pix.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Surprising about the BFT ! Your a lucky dude !
    first Bft up here I have got them between 43 and butterfly and down below at pens in early July every day until closed in Mex. saddest was we where at cedros after catching our limits on 7-16 on 7-17 we found out about closer. We gave away ten 60 lbs average bft to local Pangas at cedros. We heard the
    Pesca policia where looking for boats with multi day catches. Just not worth. I hear the pens where good this morning. May plan to hit Monday. I try to sit out the free for all weekend. Need out of sun anyway. Best wishes. Get R Done Jeff

image.jpg

Upvote 0

bottomdweller

Sep 28, 2004
    Rancho Santa Margarita
    Name
    Michael
    Boat
    210 CC, Triumph, Honey Pie
    Fantastic!!

There were many large spots of small skipjack west of the 209 on 9/5/14, glad someone slammed something. We got ratted out (small yellos) @ 277 then went down the west side of 209 then shot over to south east side of 209 and no one was bendo. Wasn't sure of the wind as it was building and decided not to go to 181 damn it.

Upvote 0

finishright

May 17, 2008
    Oceanside Ca.
    Name
    Mike Morris
    Boat
    prowler kayak
    congrats on a banner day we fished the area inside the 181 up to the 43 no tuna lots of paddies water was cooler on the 43 right place right time awesome

Upvote 0