hbouldin1216

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 10, 2012
Lodi, CA
Name
Henry Bouldin
Boat
14 Gregor - Tinacious
you probably had fuel sitting in the float bowl and your jets are clogged. Only takes a month or so for that to happen, which is why I unplug my fuel line while I flush the motor and let it run out of gas.

If it runs on choke, but dies when you push the choke in or give it more throttle, you just need to pull the carb and flush everything out. Pretty easy to do, just be patient and take note of which jets came out of which hole.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hbouldin1216

May 10, 2012
Lodi, CA
Name
Henry Bouldin
Boat
14 Gregor - Tinacious
Probably spark then. Try grounding your plugs and make sure they all fire. If you have issues there, you've got an ignition problem.

Reactions: Arima-bob
Upvote 0

fly liner

Apr 10, 2009
hemet ca USA
Name
Josh
Boat
21' crystaliner /15' prowler
Go get one of these

Screenshot_2017-02-17-14-14-43.png

Upvote 0

fly liner

Apr 10, 2009
hemet ca USA
Name
Josh
Boat
Welcome to the club, now that you have your boat all done, and rite where you want it. Booom motor issues.

B -Break
O- Out
A- Another
T- Thousand

But don't feel bad I just broke out 12,700.
In hopes that I don't have to deal with a no starting motor any time soon

Upvote 0

GregorXr

Oct 5, 2012
Temecula
Name
Robin Boyer
Boat
Patients Boat!
Seriously! I gotta get the boat to bobs so we can take a look yea if your free this week or next weekend for a minute josh that be great man I always appreciate your help

Upvote 0

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
SkipJack Dude?
Some of this advice is not good man.
Do not use starter fluid on your 2-smoke.
Do not run the carbs dry on your 2-smoke.
On you engine, the fuel system is the oils system.
No fuel = no oil! Running your engine w/o oil is the first step to buying another engine. If you think you have a fuel issue, you can test for it with a spray bottle of pre-mix. have someone crank engine and spray the carbs. Don't miss and don't make a mess. It would not help if you burned the thing down! If there is a fuel problem, don't take the boat out until its fixed. You can't afford to run with a bad carb because you might not be getting enough oil to one or more cylinders.
Now you know. PS I just dumped $600 to fix and upgrade my "new" trailer.

Reactions: One_Leg
Upvote 0

hbouldin1216

May 10, 2012
Lodi, CA
Name
Henry Bouldin
Boat
14 Gregor - Tinacious
She runs again! Cleaned the plug and she purrs like a kitten. I gotta lean my mix ratio I guess!

I wouldn't touch the mixture, spark plugs are way cheaper than pistons and a new head. Seeing how long it's taken this project to come to fruition, I'll bet the engine was fired and run at idle while on the trailer pretty frequently. Two strokes at idle/lower rpm have to be "cleaned out," and simply running it at planing speed will do that. Now that you should be back out on the water more, I'll bet you won't have the issues. Again, spark plugs are cheap and easy to swap, even if you are on the water. Don't take away lubrication unless you're getting excessive smoke that doesn't dissipate.

Upvote 0

fly liner

Apr 10, 2009
hemet ca USA
Name
Josh
Boat
Why would you sell a boat that you've had people work on for 5 years.

Now its FINALLY done and you want to sell it.

Why?

Upvote 0

fly liner

Apr 10, 2009
hemet ca USA
Name
Josh
Boat
And just so you know boats are like cars or trucks, you'll never get back what you put into them.

And youll find people have little interest in a boat unless the motor is tits.

Well that's just my open/experience

Reactions: Arima-bob
Upvote 0

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
Jun 1, 2006
Lakeside
Name
Rob
Boat
sold! / cattle boat
And just so you know boats are like cars or trucks, you'll never get back what you put into them.

And youll find people have little interest in a boat unless the motor is tits.

Well that's just my open/experience

Yes, but in the SD market somehow most craiglisters think their boat with an old relic of an outboard is still worth a small fortune...o_O

Reactions: fly liner
Upvote 0

hbouldin1216

May 10, 2012
Lodi, CA
Name
Henry Bouldin
Boat
14 Gregor - Tinacious
Tough to determine value when the only pictures of the "finished" product are from 100 yards away, and that thread was just endless questions about add-ons and complaints about how much stuff costs. Let's see some detailed pictures, preferably of the floor, electrical, and plumbing.

Last edited:
Reactions: fly liner
Upvote 0

GregorXr

Oct 5, 2012
Temecula
Name
Robin Boyer
Boat
Patients Boat!
I love my boat but I just can't afford it anymore this boat took all my pennies, it will still be in the family and I can rent it from my friend if I want to use it. I don't have the money to fish and use my boat and keep maintained and upgraded.

Upvote 0