Arbolado

Arbolado
Jul 30, 2019
San Clemente
Name
Arbolado
Boat
None
I'm considering getting a used 18 foot center console and if you go on boat trader there are a ton of options from various manufactures. I have to say my favorite is the Parker 1801. I'm looking for boat that I can launch from San Diego or Dana and chase kelp patties with an occasional trip to the Coronados or Catalina weather permitting.

As I look through the ads it seems the Parkers, Grady Whites and Edgewaters are similarly priced. Are there pros and cons to these boats and are there others I'm missing? These boats seems to have strong resale value and that is important too as I want to start with a 18' to see how I like boat ownership with an eye towards moving up in size if I do enjoy it.

I've also thought about Montauk 170, I know this might be limited in open water, but it would scratch an itch I have when it comes to fishing lakes with my fly rod, especially up at Crowley. I'm tired of renting their crappy boats.

flytie

Oct 20, 2012
Orange, CA USA
Name
GC
Boat
Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
If you go a larger draft you will have more days on the water in Socal.

The Parker is a good looking boat. Deep draft, v bow and flat back making it a stable platform for Socal. All three are good choices. For peace of mind choose one with an enclosed transom as well. Stepped transoms let more water in on rough water days when fishing and not under power, and I hate a wet deck.

bowen405

L3757
Jun 16, 2017
Southern California
Name
Bryan
Boat
Parker 1801
I have a Parker 1801. I really like the boat but I have only fished inshore so far to get comfortable. The boat kicks butt and I’m going to start making the run to the Coronado’s soon