18/7 dp-209

macalusoaj

Feb 10, 2007
San Juan Capistrano
Name
Anthony Macaluso
Boat
17 aquasport
Left the dock at 0630 heading for the 209 hit 70 deg water about 12 miles from the 209 so set out the trollers. 9 miles from the 209 watched a bunch of sporties and private boaters blow right past a pod of dolphin without so much as a second look. I decided to troll over them and got a triple hookup lost 1 got 2 yft was solo so it took me a little while. Put the jigs back out and started looking for the dolphinagain took about 20 min to find them and they were hauling ass trolled thre them at about 11knots and got another tripple jigstrike landed them all 2 more yft and a football bft by the time i got the third one in the dolphins had vanished spent an hour looking for them before continuing on to the 209 stopped on a few paddies out at the 209 but nothin wanted the dana chovies. Picked up 20lb bft just past the 209 on a blind jigstrike. Decided to call it at around 1300 and head back in found a sword about 3 miles from the harbor spent half an hour trying to get him to play but no love. So ended the day with 4 yft 20-30lbs and 2 bft 12-20lbs. Bft both came on plain white feathers and all the tuna came on the micro 3 inch feathers had larger ones in the spread but they didnt want them.

Calico Killer

Mar 8, 2008
W. LA
Name
Kevin
Boat
Boat
Thanks for the report.

Makes sense to me that they're biting the small jigs. The lone BFT we caught the other day right inside the 209 was filled with 3-5mm krill. Stuffed. Got ours on a small zucchini skirt.