17th Annual 2016 Halibut Classic.... It's ON!!

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
Oct 15, 2006
Alpine
Name
Leoman
Boat
Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
upload_2016-11-15_16-28-58.jpeg

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
For those of you who are unable to print out an Entry form or Rule page from your computer, I now have them available at Dana Landing Tackle on Mission Bay.

Once again........

ENTRY FORMS CAN BE PRINTED OFF THE HALIBUT CLASSIC WEB PAGE, OR THEY ARE NOW ALSO AVAILABLE AT DANA LANDING TACKLE ON MISSION BAY.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
OK GUYS, TODAY (November 16th) is the cutoff for the reduced fee early entry price.

If you mail them in today and they are postmarked on the envelope for the 16th, then you will still get the early entry price.

SO IF YOU WISH TO STILL GET THE EARLY ENTRY PRICE, THEN HEAD DOWN TO THE POST OFFICE TODAY AND HAND THEM YOUR ENTRY AND TELL THEM IT NEEDS TO BE POSTMARKED NOVEMBER 16TH.

All OTHER ENTRIES RECIEVED AND POSTMARKED AFTER NOVEMBER 16TH WILL BE AT THE ADJUSTED REGULAR PRICE (SEE TOURNAMENT WEBSITE FOR DETAILS).

There is still plenty of time to get in this thing, so round up some buddies, make a team and get an entry in soon.

Upvote 0

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
Hey Mike, are you going to put up a list of teams already in? If so, in the interim, use team @-EZ for me.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Hey Mike, are you going to put up a list of teams already in? If so, in the interim, use team @-EZ for me.
    Why do you want a list of those who have paid their monies?

Upvote 0

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
    Oct 15, 2006
    Alpine
    Name
    Leoman
    Boat
    Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
    upload_2016-11-16_16-50-22.jpeg

carl, max, gil, mike & jerry

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Bump to bash Max....

Need to be sure we get our monies worth out of this...

Did you see what I did there Gilly?

Upvote 0

Phat Boat

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 18, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    Grady White Marlin 300
    We are in money sent yesterday.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Ok guys, it's getting down to the wire here....... just 7 more days until tournament time!!!

Still time to get in this thing. I need to have all mailed in entries in my hand by tues November 22nd.

After November 22nd, teams can still enter and fish the tournament, but MUST do so by signing up at the morning check in, and paying the day of price which is listed on the tournament website.

If you have a team that thinks they may sign up on the day of the event, then if at all possible, try and let me know just so we have an idea of what to expect in the morning. Also all morning entries, team changes, or additional side jackpots must be paid in cash. Please bring exact change, as we want to get the check ins rolling quickly.

Printable Entry forms may be found on the tournament website, or you may pick one up at Dana Landing in Mission Bay.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Sorry, not sure why these came out so extra large on the post, but here is a sneak peek at the new Halibut Classic design.

I've been working with a guy on this for some weeks now, and this is it. One snag I have guys, is that I am running into big issues with printing up shirts right now. :(

I thought I had it all dialed in today, and was literally on my way to the printers after talking with them to sign papers and give the ok to print tomorrow, only to find out when getting there that there was a mistake in the quote given to me, and a huge one at that!! That said, I have already paid for the design and Logo, but will have to search for a printer that can pull this off with good quality work for a much more reasonable price.

Thought you guys might like to see it though, so here is the new design.......

halifornia-concept-e5.png

And here is the new Logo.....

halibut-classic-logo-concept-e2.jpg

I'll be working on trying to get shirts to those who want them sometime after the tournament and when I can find someone who can do these well at a price that doesn't kill me right before Christmas. It will be a one time order, so let me know here, by PM or at the tournament, so that I can give the numbers to the prospective printer.

And by the way......... there is still plenty of time to jump on in this, although it will have to be at the morning check-in and at the adjusted late entry price.

The unknown fisherman:p: halibut-classic-logo-concept-e2.jpg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Morning shout out!

All mail in entries are due today November 22nd.

There is still time to get in the tournament, and the weather looks to be great on tournament day! At this point, all teams who wish to sign up, must do so at the morning check in, and at the adjusted late fee price.

So there ya have it....... still time to get a team together and get on the water for some good fun and friendly competition among friends, and the pretty decent chance at possibly landing a halibut that brings you home with some extra dough.

Remember, it's not always a big fish that wins this thing...... there have been years where single digit fish win this thing ;)

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Ok, so tomorrow is tournament time. The 17th Annual After Thanksgiving HALIBUT CLASSIC!!!

Once again, there is still time to join in and fish the tournament! This can be done by signing up at the morning check-ins, which will be from about 4 to 5am at Dana Landing tackle in Mission Bay (next to the launch ramp). All morning transactions must be in cash, and please bring exact change to help speed things up.

It's anyone's shot at winning this thing, as it only takes one fish to win it big! And that doesn't mean it has to be a big fish either. There have been quite a few times where small fish took this thing, and honestly, I think that might be the case this year...... just a feeling I have.

If any of you who are reading this are thinking of putting together a team and signing up at the morning check-in, then if at all possible, try and give me a heads up so that we know what to expect. It's not required, but it does help some.

Keep in mind, that the morning check-ins will be shutting down at around 5am...... so dont be late!!

There's still time!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    I'm compelled to announce that I wont be winning Max's monies because Lou
    images

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

soul troller

Mine bends where yours ends
    Mar 14, 2004
    Murrieta Ca
    Name
    Lou
    Boat
    Pursuit 2870 WA
    Sorry Carl , but Mom and her place needed some help and my brother is well - a selfish asshole .

I am aiming to be there for the weigh in so make your Uncle Lou proud and hang a pig .

If you win , i figure you owe me a couple C notes for all the times i took you fishing this season . I prefer the bills crispy .

Good luck

Upvote 0

Phat Boat

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 18, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    Grady White Marlin 300
    Thanks for putting on the tournament again. It's always a fun one to fish. I think the weather kept some folks away but still a good turnout with what was forecasted.
    18282.jpeg

Team boundless put two fish on for second and fourth place. Nice!

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Thanks for putting on the tournament again. It's always a fun one to fish. I think the weather kept some folks away but still a good turnout with what was forecasted.View attachment 805145

Team boundless put two fish on for second and fourth place. Nice!

Thanks Jon, it's always good to see a bunch of you hardcore guys at this thing year after year......... you guys did good!!

I'm on clean-up wind down mode today, and right now have to drive in this nasty weather to pick up my girls. I'll try and get the Tournament report and results up tonight if all works out??

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
    Feb 24, 2003
    East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
    Name
    starts with an "M".....
    Boat
    #1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
    I was out of town, otherwise I would have been there to donate to the guys who actually know how to fish......

.......on a lighter note...buffalo chile is hitting the spot about now..

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    I was out of town, otherwise I would have been there to donate to the guys who actually know how to fish......

.......on a lighter note...buffalo chile is hitting the spot about now..

I was waiting for your call at 3am on Friday asking me were everyone was LOL ;)

Reactions: Carl
    Upvote 0