ripped

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 5, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    Vagabond
    I realize it’s not long range, but I think it might be the future of long range. It was a long run from San Diego, but just imagine a long range boat with loads of bait, and a few days to pick away at them!

That would be a Vagabond 3 day.

Reactions: Bill W
    Upvote 0

the_tunaman

Jun 28, 2017
    Norco
    Name
    Roger Nelson
    Boat
    Ranger Z20
    I realize it’s not long range, but I think it might be the future of long range. It was a long run from San Diego, but just imagine a long range boat with loads of bait, and a few days to pick away at them!

A lot of the big boats have already been doing this for the last two seasons... even a few finishing up longer trips on the cow grounds for a day or two.

And it isn’t really a long run from San Diego... it is about the same to SCI, Tanner or Cortez whether they run from LB, LA or SD.

Upvote 0

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
    Apr 27, 2003
    US/Mexico
    Name
    Choate
    Boat
    Islander
    A lot of the big boats have already been doing this for the last two seasons... even a few finishing up longer trips on the cow grounds for a day or two.

And it isn’t really a long run from San Diego... it is about the same to SCI, Tanner or Cortez whether they run from LB, LA or SD.
    They are fishing a new area.

Reactions: Bill W
    Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    16 day bft trip :D I would be down. Come in to load up on bait. Brail

The New Lo An got some big licks in also. But on a 2.75 day. 37 Bluefin Tuna with 18 cowfish, 10 in the 100lb + range, 7 in the 60 - 100 pound range and 2 small units, 1 Yellowfin at 50lbs and 1 Bigeye at 75lbs.

Its happening

Reactions: Olddog8
    Upvote 0

afraser

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 20, 2008
    sf, ca
    Name
    aaron
    Boat
    NA
    Even the Sea Adventure 80 had 7 over 200 and lost a couple over 300 at the boat. I would think a 7-8 day trip targeting them big bft might have a chance to eclipse the cow record. Load up with big and average sized squid, big macks, and a maybe a bunch of flying fish and it would be game on. The bigger glow in the dark lures did better than the flatfalls apparently. The new lo-an posted a bunch of 2.75 day trips in November. is that too late???

Reactions: GES
    Upvote 0

TOTW

Time On The Water
  • Dec 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Name
    Chris L
    Boat
    Leo's
    Even the Sea Adventure 80 had 7 over 200 and lost a couple over 300 at the boat. I would think a 7-8 day trip targeting them big bft might have a chance to eclipse the cow record. Load up with big and average sized squid, big macks, and a maybe a bunch of flying fish and it would be game on. The bigger glow in the dark lures did better than the flatfalls apparently. The new lo-an posted a bunch of 2.75 day trips in November. is that too late???

Lots of big ones taken in November last year. I’d bet on them being around. Weather, as always, is the biggest factor.

Upvote 0

Let em eat 74

Jul 12, 2016
    Anaheim Hills
    Name
    Kevin
    Boat
    Whichever1is leaving
    I’m sure glad I set up my longer 4.5 day for a week ago.

6830B92E-3A42-4344-ABAB-A1E7F0396A21.jpeg

Upvote 0

back-breaker

Almost A Member
    Sep 30, 2005
    Arcata
    Name
    Jim Simondet
    Boat
    22 foot Boston Whaler Outrage
    I see lots of discussion on using the flat fall style jigs but are PL 68s being used to good effect?

Upvote 0

Olddog8

May 13, 2012
    Poway,ca
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Sold long ago
    Since I'm forced to sit around recovering from surgery (getting old sucks and sitting around is worst), I've had too much time to think.

I would totally be in (TOTALLY) if long range boats scheduled 4-5 day Bluefin trips in late October and November. That would be awesome!

Lots of big Bluefin trips the last 3 years and I have yet to get my cow or even break 100. It's always, "you should have been here yesterday" or it goes off a day later. Trip two weeks ago was cancelled last minute because not enough anglers booked. Now I can only read about the amazing Bluefin bite... just plain sucks. But congrats to the lucky anglers who are getting them!

Reactions: terryc. and Bill W
    Upvote 0

Yellowtail Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Excel, American Angler
    Looks like my 8 dAy leaving the Sat after T-Day will have some options. Hoping we break South for the wahoo action but.....

Had my knee cleaned up in Sept so I would be good to go

Reactions: Olddog8
    Upvote 0