PENN

rg380

Jul 9, 2015
San Diego
Name
ram
Boat
chasintail (friends boat)
Took the day off to go fishing with my buddies. I didn't have much time to follow the fish reports or to plan our trip. I looked at Bd and there were a couple of reports but not too many with coordinates. I looked at tempbreak.and realized that tempbreak is a worthless website because it is a composite of the last 8 days. In other words, what you see could be 8 days old.

We left Mission Bay at 6 am and headed 16 miles out SW. Seemed like there were two group of boats heading north west and another heading SW. We went out 16 miles just north of the border and turned north parallel to the coast. We drove 15 miles or so north and saw no life including other boats. By about 10 am we had seen so little life that we decided to ditch our plans and head toward the upper nine. On the way, we saw nothing. When we got in, the Fish and Game warden was at the landing(really nice fellow). He said that people were finding them 20 miles North west

If you want to make bait, go to about 100 feet of water and the mackerel are plenty. We purchased bait but plugged up the tank in less than 5 minutes.

By the way, I apologize for any typos or miss grammar. After my 3rd strong margarita, I am having trouble forming sentences. Oh by the way, I am out of beer and had to settle for the margaritas. When I sober up, I would like to see suggestions of websites I should use to come up with my future game plan.

thank you

Upvote 0

jeremyv75

Almost A Member
Took the day off to go fishing with my buddies. I didn't have much time to follow the fish reports or to plan our trip. I looked at Bd and there were a couple of reports but not too many with coordinates. I looked at tempbreak.and realized that tempbreak is a worthless website because it is a composite of the last 8 days. In other words, what you see could be 8 days old.

We left Mission Bay at 6 am and headed 16 miles out SW. Seemed like there were two group of boats heading north west and another heading SW. We went out 16 miles just north of the border and turned north parallel to the coast. We drove 15 miles or so north and saw no life including other boats. By about 10 am we had seen so little life that we decided to ditch our plans and head toward the upper nine. On the way, we saw nothing. When we got in, the Fish and Game warden was at the landing(really nice fellow). He said that people were finding them 20 miles North west

If you want to make bait, go to about 100 feet of water and the mackerel are plenty. We purchased bait but plugged up the tank in less than 5 minutes.

By the way, I apologize for any typos or miss grammar. After my 3rd strong margarita, I am having trouble forming sentences. Oh by the way, I am out of beer and had to settle for the margaritas. When I sober up, I would like to see suggestions of websites I should use to come up with my future game plan.

thank you
Fish dope

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Orca

シャチ, 鯱
Aug 16, 2003
Mira Mesa Ca
Name
Don
Boat
2359 Trophy, Irene Sea
subscribe to fishdope bd product good info and up to date

Upvote 0

Bigfattuna

Jul 27, 2011
El Cajon (East San Diego)
Name
Kevin Menna
Boat
Yours
Good, timely update. You'll get 'em next time. Why in the heck do these fish always seem to go around our banks and end up north? The fish get to the border and freak out by all of the boats storming them daily? May be another reason techniques are changing a bit and the fish are staying down...smart fish!

Upvote 0

tom cindric

Tom-broke-off
Jun 17, 2015
Lake elsinore
Name
all she's got
Boat
22 key largo / 2670 Glacier Bay
Thanks for the report. This years tuna season has been a challenging one for a lot of us. Every report helps those of us getting ready to head out. Good or bad. Better luck next time out.

Upvote 0

dave_k

Feb 26, 2008
Westlake Village
Name
Dave
Boat
Whaler

For future reference, the 8-day view is just the default. There is a drop down menu next to the 8 day composite and you can look at SST or chlorophyll in 3 day composite, 1 day composite or snapshots of specific times.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
You are quite curvacious when it comes to the learning curve.....fish dope will help set you straight.

translation:dont be such a girl...get the fish dope.

Upvote 0

909MARIO

Jun 30, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Name
Mario
Boat
Homeless
Drinking was fun. Now I have just as good of a time if not better while still having Joy, happiness and loving life without drugs or alcohol. Hoping you discover the same for yourself. You also will have more $$ in your pocket. Just saying.

Reactions: MightyMach
Upvote 0

talltale

Feb 20, 2008
yucaipa
Name
chris
Boat
23.5 trophy "Tonetta T"
Upvote 0
Sep 14, 2014
Name
Mark
Boat
Skipjack 22
Drinking was fun. Now I have just as good of a time if not better while still having Joy, happiness and loving life without drugs or alcohol. Hoping you discover the same for yourself. You also will have more $$ in your pocket. Just saying.

Ever notice how people use those 2 words: "just saying" as their excuse for being an a-hole and trying to impose their opinions on everyone else? Just saying!

Reactions: bbales
Upvote 0

fishsmith

Captain
May 16, 2008
murrieta/ca/usa
Name
Jim
Boat
21' Proline "MarLinz"
You can use fishdope info (temp breaks and chlorophyll) Of one day old hot bites to find similar conditions outside of that square mile!

Upvote 0

909MARIO

Jun 30, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Name
Mario
Boat
Homeless
Ever notice how people use those 2 words: "just saying" as their excuse for being an a-hole and trying to impose their opinions on everyone else? Just saying!
Mark, how is it that I am "an a-hole"? How was my reply worse than C-Goat who told the OP "F_U" or Randy C suggestion?

I simply suggested that he can find joy and happiness without alcohol. Nothing more or less. I can see you getting upset if I was suggesting some religious views or other views. Anyways, I am not upset, just replying to defend myself a little. If you have anything else you want to say to me please PM me. I would be more than happy to talk to you via PM or a phone call. Have a good day man and I wish you tight lines and smooth seas.

Upvote 0

vincentek9

halibut suck
Apr 9, 2010
anaheim, CA
Name
Vince
Boat
AVparker
thanks for the report and intel.

fishdope has a combo of updated water temp. chlorophyll, and other valuable information. i also use swellinfo, and windfinder to see swell, wind, and tides.

Upvote 0