Wish I Was Fishing!
Sep 9, 2004
West LA
Name
Min
Boat
None
I am on the food purge at home. :D

I usually do half portions, except for dinner. I cannot resist.

The double cheese burger wasn't mine. My friend Larry has tape worms and etc double of everything. Double breakfast, double lunch. I told Larry, if I ate like him. I would be in the shitter an hour a day.

Do NOT show those food pictures to your doctor!

That hamburger looks insane.

• Haha
Reactions: JamesZ and Soda Pop
Upvote 0

harddrive

Wish I Was Fishing!
Sep 9, 2004
West LA
Name
Min
Boat
None
I have to be honest and say, after a while, these trips are not as exciting as before. I used to pack months before, but now I pack a few days before. Over time I go to be with my friends.

Rick Ozaki who I annoyed this trip. :D. Louie Louie the hardest pulling fisherman I've ever meet even at 79. Jim Evans at 85 caught a cow and showed us young uns. Dale who can jig for tuna like no one I've ever meet except Alan Smith. Larry worked on the boats with Buzz. Very knowledgeable and shared his Copenhagen. Ken the retired fireman captain who was always intense. Jim Issac, we voted him to be the most likely to survive if the boat sank. He gives kayak tours at Santa Cruz. The Rubios. Paul and Mike are always willing to share spirits.

Max my roommate who kept getting me drunk.

And of course, meeting new people. Soda, Wayne, Darren, and others.

Also the crew. Especially Captain Matt. He gives me shit all during the trip. It's cool, I've known him when he was the deckhand and I had him reel in my 150lber so I can gaff it. Romo was high energy and always in a good mood. Landfill Brian. Dude is strong. Billy who used to drive oil tankers and always helpful. Ted the former commercial fisherman, I asked if we can get them to just wrap the fish and we can just fish in there. And Forrest who is from east coast boats.

Oh also forgot Ed and Rollo. They feed us until we bursted.

It's the friends and experience as much as catching.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blind Luck

• Feb 14, 2015
    Temecula
    Name
    Mike Grieco
    Boat
    MALAKAS
    Great report!
    My hat is off to all of you...
    At 60 I'm still learning how to relax on travel days...even a straight run to the ridge that's only 2 days.
    When I got fidgety...I used to smoke cigarettes
    Quit smoking ...haven't missed a meal since

• Haha
    Reactions: harddrive
    Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    First kite fish of the trip went to the galley. Good for that dinner of seared rare Ahi Steaks. I think that one was served over Spinach and Rice. Delicious, and so was the Lemon/Capers Sauce on the Grouper Filets. That tuna was also good for one helluva great Sushi and Sashimi Spread, by Rolo!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

BigFishH

Mar 8, 2004
    Rancho Santa Margarita
    Visit site
    Name
    Darren
    Boat
    Cabo 216
    Great trip summary Soda Pop. You are the wahoo master! I had a fun time fishing with all the guys I met on this trip. Being new to the Indy, I thought the captain and crew did a great job. Food was great as well, just look at those great pics posted. As mentioned previously, Rick did a great job as Chartermaster with great giveaways. Hoping to be able to fish with all of you who were on the trip again at some time in the future.

Soda Pop

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Feb 12, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Name
    David Rouse
    Boat
    Long range fishing
    Darren it was great sharing the rail with you. I booked for next year as soon as the fish were all sorted out. Hope to fish with you again some time in the future.

Reactions: alan760
    Upvote 0

JamesZ

• Jun 25, 2018
    Montana
    Name
    James Zachary
    Boat
    Kenner 23
    Reports like this one make me want to book a trip, Great job.
    No joke!! Sadly I'm on the bench once again this year. Gotta have a few more surgeries. No fun trying to put my spine back together. Failed ACDF in my neck too. So that needs to be revised.So probably three surgeries actually. I've been living vicariously through these reports. If I couldn't. I don't even want to imagine what would happen to my mental state.

Upvote 0

hagridfish

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 21, 2008
    Aurora Colorado
    Name
    Kevin
    Boat
    None
    GREAT GREAT report Soda!!!!!! Thanks. With the new format here on B.D. I just figured out how to get back on to it! Yes, I'm computer illiterate!!!! Soda you were an absolute machine out there pulling on fish!!!! No one mentioned that he lost 3 cows within one circle at the rail!!!! He was using that green and yellow Jimmies Bomb, and could do no wrong with it!. I couldn't get bit for love nor money!!!! after we got back, I tore my tackle box apart in the hotel room, and found one of those green and yellow bombs GGGGGRRRRRRR!!!!!!! But still ended up with a decent catch!. Great bunch of guys, Soda, a pleasure as always, Steve forever the gentleman, beyond fun on this trip. I will be going again next year!. Rick is a great charter master, brings a great bunch of people with him, and Ed, and Rollo in the Galley are just AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. same with the deck hands. Romo, Billy, Brian, Forrest, Matt. Great crew! Really looking forward to next year!

Reactions: kevina and Steve K
    Upvote 0