StagecoachHB

Is it Buccaneer days yet?
Sep 15, 2011
Huntington Beach
Name
Brent
Boat
Ranger TUG 21ec Arsenal ...sold: STAGECOACH 27' Boston Whaler
Just crossed to Avalon from HB Harbor. Trolled blue and white feather and purple and black cedar plug. Straight heading out 132 feet of water just before the 150 west of the rigs. ZZZZZZZZZ fish on! DODO goes airborne! Must have jumped 10 times flipping. One hell of a show. Im solo on the boat so my hearts racing. Got to land this thing. Noone will believe it.. took me 4 passes by the boat to finially gaff it. Made 3 or 4 good runs with more aireals .... 1st Dorado on the boat ever.

I reset and keep going. 6 miles out of Avalon i get slammed on the plug. Fought it to barley color and it pops off. Idk what but it was 30-40lb range.

Reset. Instant zzzzzzzz another fish on. less fight than before but still has to be something good. Just fucking wow. First ever Skipjack! Not to big but IDGAF. This crosssing had been epic. Got a bunch of sizeable bonita as well. Im off to try to end the day with a yellowtail. Im at Catalina till monday so I think I can make it happen. Tight lines and Go Buckeyes!

20150903_081135.jpg

20150903_081045.jpg

20150903_111759.jpg

20150903_111441.jpg

20150903_081819.jpg

Screenshot_2015-09-03-17-49-40.png

Upvote 0

jim isbell

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
Just crossed to Avalon from HB Harbor. Trolled blue and white feather and purple and black cedar plug. Straight heading out 132 feet of water just before the 150 west of the rigs. ZZZZZZZZZ fish on! DODO goes airborne! Must have jumped 10 times flipping. One hell of a show. Im solo on the boat so my hearts racing. Got to land this thing. Noone will believe it.. took me 4 passes by the boat to finially gaff it. Made 3 or 4 good runs with more aireals .... 1st Dorado on the boat ever.

I reset and keep going. 6 miles out of Avalon i get slammed on the plug. Fought it to barley color and it pops off. Idk what but it was 30-40lb range.

Reset. Instant zzzzzzzz another fish on. less fight than before but still has to be something good. Just fucking wow. First ever Skipjack! Not to big but IDGAF. This crosssing had been epic. Got a bunch of sizeable bonita as well. Im off to try to end the day with a yellowtail. Im at Catalina till monday so I think I can make it happen. Tight lines and Go Buckeyes!

View attachment 620873

View attachment 620874

View attachment 620876

View attachment 620877

View attachment 620887
Nothin wrong with that--and I KNOW the feeling--all alone, OF COURSE you hook something no one will believe--and even if they DO believe you, it isn't the same. Which of the two rigs did the Dorado hit?

Reactions: StagecoachHB
Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2009
HB
Name
Mike
Boat
Shamrock CC
Nice job Brent, you earned your DoDo flag for sure! I can tell how stoked you where when you sent that text......you have a long weekend ahead of you, I'm sure i'll be getting more.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
That dorado looks huge in the first pic compared to the last pic.Just goes to show ya.

Upvote 0

ssrmr2

Mar 15, 2006
OC
Name
Steve
Boat
17' montauk "Anger Management"
Nice aku! Sweet flat!

Now the crowd will be at the 150 while I chase yellows inside! Perfect!

Upvote 0

StagecoachHB

Is it Buccaneer days yet?
Sep 15, 2011
Huntington Beach
Name
Brent
Boat
Ranger TUG 21ec Arsenal ...sold: STAGECOACH 27' Boston Whaler
Update. Just trolled 4 rappallas 10 miles from avalon to v's and around. Not one damn strike. Where the fuck are these catalina yellows. The quarry had been a hot spot. O'well time for a cocktail. Tomorrow is another day. Ill try the other direction. O, yea the water was green out to 300 feet as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7raptor
Upvote 0

7raptor

happy to be here
Sep 18, 2004
The Islands
Name
yup
Boat
A Big One
Update. Just trolled 4 rappallas 10 miles from avalon to v's and around. Not one damn strike. Where the fuck are these catalina yellows. The quarry had been a hot spot. O'well time for a cocktail. Tomorrow is another day. Ill try the other direction. O, yea the water was green out to 300 feet as well.

Cat yellows like it clean. congrats on the dodo of a lifetime!

Upvote 0

Auggie

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 17, 2007
H.B.
Name
Gary
Boat
None
Nice job solo Brent, I,m leaving HB in a few hours on the Lucky Strike 2. I'll give ya call on the radio tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Ripnsumlip

Hooooook upppppp!!!!
Jul 8, 2007
SoCal
Name
Paul
Boat
Edgewater 265CC
I went the other day. We trolled the backside between West Cove and just beyond Whale Rock. We ran into a breezing school. We picked up 4 and farmed 2. Not to big, between 8-12lbs. We caught all on the troll. The hot ticket seemed to be the Rapala X-raps Sardine pattern 15 and 20 ft.

Upvote 0