wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Autopilot was off. Occasionally Dave would turn the 2nd helm to keep a good beam to drift.

We have sliding doors on each side of the house. It's super easy if one just backs up inside the house a little and lets the other walk by. Or, exhale completely and slide by each other. Reach around is purely optional...

Last edited:
Reactions: Montanadave
Upvote 0

Mukilteo69

Balls Deep
Dec 21, 2011
Mukilteo/WA/Snohomish
Name
Rick Matthews
Boat
Miss Easy Glacier Bay 2670
Does washing hands/knife in bait tank affect bait? I have a white tank with window and during a good bait stop water gets pretty dark just from bloody hands grabbing bait. I always assumed it was bad? You probably have more flow.

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Does washing hands/knife in bait tank affect bait? I have a white tank with window and during a good bait stop water gets pretty dark just from bloody hands grabbing bait. I always assumed it was bad? You probably have more flow.

There's a Bait Sentry 1100 sitting about 5' from the bait tank, pushing gobs of flow into the 52 gallon bait tank @goatram built for us. The little bit of blood from our hands (ok, my hands) isn't anything.

Reactions: goatram
Upvote 0

Waterdog~

Just one more
Sep 1, 2009
Hollywood
Name
Brian
Boat
Tiderunner
Were you going to eat those loins or just poke holes in them......:rofl::frehya2:

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
I clearly had a few "Tracker" moments :nutkick:

Upvote 0

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
I clearly had a few "Tracker" moments :nutkick:
In slow motion even... I was like
w

h

a

t

t

h

e

h

e

l

l

k

i

n

d

a

g

a

f

f

n

o

o

b

I

e

:)

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Haaaaaa.

I admit it. But, we've all done it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Walker Inc.
Upvote 0

Makscoot

Living and Learning
Jan 24, 2006
Snoqualmie River Country
Name
Scott M
Boat
Hyde Drift

Maybe the bait pump is picking up blood washed out the bulge or scuppers.

Upvote 0

Sockeye71

If it swims... we will hunt it down and club it!
Jul 5, 2011
Maple Valley
Name
Dave
Boat
Olympic 26' XLC "Sea Monkey"
awesome report... I saw you come in this last Saturday 8/5 right next to us at the GH buoy for salmon.

question... 120 gallons burned? I thought those cats (zuks) come in with allot better fuel burn? curious about what adjustments you made?

I have single 250hp and burn about 9gph at 4000-4200 cruising at 24kts... are you hauling?

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
We started running her with the throttles in 3 positions. Neutral, reverse, and all the way forward :). Needed to see what she could do and where we needed improvement. So, the burn from that trip was high and WOT.

I took her back to the shop for adjustments (sealed off pods in each sponson under the aft end and raised the motors up 1 hole) and have 2 tuna trips under those changes. Big improvement in burn rate. Ran her like a normal guy Sunday and we stayed above 1.0 mpg at all speeds other than WOT (5,910 now). Much of the run was 28-35 mpg and we were seeing 1.1-1.2 mpg. Yesterday was with 7 people, 800# of ice, 250 gallons of fuel (to start), and 52 gallons in the bait tank.

I ran out at 35 mph (mostly) and TheWoman ran in at 28-40 mph yesterday (no bait tankmwater and less ice). I still think we can improve efficiency with new props but that'll be for her new owner to decide.

Upvote 0