$142 per pound for a perch? I made OVEN ROASTED fish to see if its taste is worth the money!

fishingap

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 14, 2014
san diego
www.tipsharing.com
Name
Ian Sun
Boat
fishingap
I treated opaleye as one of the regular perch spices for a long time, till I read articles saying that it's 1000 RMB (roughly $142) per pound in China. Hard to believe!

I don't know why it's so expensive, but we have abundant opaleyes around jetties in SoCal. All we need is moss, shrimp, clams, bobber and patience.

To let the fish's original taste shine, so that we could make more accurate assessment, we used basic and plain ingredients to cook it. Is it really worse the money? Here is my answer:

NoLDR

OG BD member
Mar 26, 2003
Sherman Oaks
Name
BRAD
Boat
29 Baha Cruiser NoLDR
Looks delicious but have never made it. Based on this I will give it a shot. Thanks for sharing.

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
That does look delicious, thanks for sharing. Well done and that is a XL Opaleye

The very first fish I targeted. Was Opaley with a hand line. Under the train bridge in Del Mar and along the rocks. Using the chewy muscle parts of mussels

Here is a bbq grilled whole Pargo for friends. Marinade paste is Sesame oil, Homemade Teriyaki, Olive oil, Course Sea Salt, Ginger, Garlic, Cilantro. Would be good with Opaleye too

FB_IMG_1529005140095~5.jpg

Reactions: fishingap

FishAcquisition

Pithy Statement to make me appear 😎
Sep 19, 2005
La Quinta
Name
Dan
Boat
Only Aspirations-not the name of my boat-just have aspirations
I treated opaleye as one of the regular perch spices for a long time, till I read articles saying that it's 1000 RMB (roughly $142) per pound in China. Hard to believe!

I don't know why it's so expensive, but we have abundant opaleyes around jetties in SoCal. All we need is moss, shrimp, clams, bobber and patience.

To let the fish's original taste shine, so that we could make more accurate assessment, we used basic and plain ingredients to cook it. Is it really worse the money? Here is my answer:
Uh Yes, I will have 2 ounces of the Perch Please...

fishingap

Sep 14, 2014
san diego
www.tipsharing.com
Name
Ian Sun
Boat
fishingap
Thanks folks for the great ideas. I've also heard about tacos, tortillas etc on my channel. I guess I'll try them and share with you later which one my kids love the best. :cheers: