14 day trip report.....

freegaff2

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 31, 2014
Name
Craig Simcox
Boat
none
Best 14 day trip plan right now? I'd say alijos for a few days, then cortez bank for YFT and BFT. Limit out on wahoo, YT, yft, and bft.
the only thing better than a 10 day right now would be what you suggest...14 :D :D :DMy recent 10 day on the AA did exactly that...8 around on the wahoo, 12 around on that good grade 25-40# YFT, and finished with 2 around on the Bluefin 60#, and 8 over 110#...we did have to forego the YT...hate it when that happens ;)Pretty sure Brian had that in the back of his mind, as Lori took a picture of the drivers licenses of all the passengers who did not have a CA license, she bought us all permits when she got the word we were traveling up to Cortez...the boat bought us those permits, no charge. Now that is customer service...hands down.

Last edited:

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
I hope your next trip is more fun. 50 trips to hb, that's rad. It was bound to happen :)

Cow grounds void of big fish from very recent reports from all cow ground accessible areas. 4 days at lupe - 2 days alijos - 2 days ridge - 2 days local bft/yft imo would be dreamy if it all bit like it is this year :D the clock is ticking for the northern stuff

Bummer there wasnt a big fish trip just a few days before yours. The big fish info is shared/accessible

Jeff just landed a super with good big fish fishing. Not that far away. Maybe a percentage of largers will break off and swim up to hb and the lower banks soon. Or make the long run not on your usual turf with traffic

Last edited:

Russ Scholl

Apr 1, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Name
Russ Scholl
Boat
Kayaks
Reactions: Mike Nall

Lake

Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
There are quite a few people on these boards that really aren’t trying to destroy a business by flaming them here. This is one of his favorite boats and he has spent a few hundred thousand, at least, on trips. I’m sure he’d rather have the issues fixed than find a completely new boat, since that would also entail leaving a bunch of friends behind that still will fish it. Anyone that reads these boards with any regularity knew what boat he was on. I feel bad for him and the others on this trip if the service was bad enough for him to mention it. Made a poor catching trip worse, and I’m sure some of those guys don’t get a lot of these long trips. David will get out again in a month or so and get another chance.

This National Enquirer attitude we see on here is why many of the long range and local skippers hate this site. None of us will benefit by trashing an operation and putting them out of business. It’s already difficult enough to get on trips if you’re not a regular on those trips. Removing a boat from the equation can only make matters worse. Contrary to what some believe and disseminate, that boat does share and receive info with others(I’ve heard it first hand on multiple occasions) and that info could save other boats from making the long run out to a deserted bank.

I had a trip that was probably my best catching trip(on a different boat) but was my worst trip because of other passengers, and the skipper could have stopped it but didn’t since they were regulars so I’ve moved on. I have no desire to kill his business and no ill will against the captain. Others love him and the boat so good for them and good for the rest of us.

RockHopperNCKA

Jan 25, 2017
Santa Rosa, CA
www.norcalkayakanglers.com
Name
Dustin
Boat
Do kayaks count?
LAST POST ...as I CAN'T TAKE the Unfathomable STUPIDITY of some of you!!!!
Last post in this thread but immediately hops on IM to try to talk to me about all kinds of gay things that he sure seems to know a lot about.

Supposedly some kind of secret service tough guy but trolls internet fishing forums like a little 12 year old bitch.

Then comes back at me with great little gems like this:
You SHOULD NOT reveal your pedophile actions as exposed by taking about ..."12 year old little bitches"

I thought you were done with us, tough guy.

Last edited:

Yellowtail Dan

Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
Seems a little harsh for his honest contribution.
He likes to read his own posts and p
Last post in this thread but immediately hops on IM to try to talk to me about all kinds of gay things that he sure seems to know a lot about.

Supposedly some kind of secret service tough guy but trolls internet fishing forums like a little 12 year old bitch.

Then comes back at me with great little gems like this:
You SHOULD NOT reveal your pedophile actions as exposed by taking about ..."12 year old little bitches"

I thought you were done with us, tough guy.
But he uses really big words when he talks shit to everyone about everything.

yellowfish26

Totally Nude 24/7
Aug 21, 2008
Chula Vista/Ca/USA
Name
Jeff
Boat
26ft Seaswirl. The Big Chorizo
PLEASE!!!!....Some of you are DENSER than Nova Scotia fog in June...

"Tattle Tale Soda Pop"...STARTED A THREAD about his 14 day trip on The Intrepid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/intrepid-14-day-nov-6-20-roll-call.702931/

Then the very NEXT DAY 11/21/2018... upon "Tattle Tail Soda Pop's"....RETURN from stated trip....he STARTS THIS THREAD!!!

IF you CAN'T SEE the connection!!!....Then you COULDN'T spot an Elephant in a telephone booth !!!

Dude, whats the deal with all the name calling on people you don't know? Guaranteed you wouldn't say them to someone while looking them in the eye.. so what are you compensating for? Your daddy used to beat you when you were a kid? Or was it because your mommy liked your brother more than you? Did you get bullied in school because you are a pussy? Maybe its because you have a little dick and have no where to put it? Whatever it is this aint your place for therapy. Go see a shrink for that and spare us your bullshit.

And btw, I actually agree with you that if your gonna cry foul about ANY service you better be able and willing to name names. You just dont have to be a dick in stating your opinion.

Last edited:

RockHopperNCKA

Jan 25, 2017
Santa Rosa, CA
www.norcalkayakanglers.com
Name
Dustin
Boat
Do kayaks count?
Haha. It just dawned on me that this guy is back again already.
You remember this fucking idiot, right? The little fat guy who loves to tell this amazing story he just PM'ed me.

You will NEVER possess the human confrontational skills that I'm capable of...unless you can make people have the Sheriff's meet you at the dock, because the deckhands have witnessed you wheel kick and knock out a 300lb muscled up Strip Club Bouncer and told the passenger that I was going to "meet at the dock" that story!!!

kbray001

Aug 18, 2009
South OC
Name
Kirk
Boat
Regal 24
The factual proof of you being a hypocrite, is that "Tattle Tail Soda Pop" threw The Intrepid..."Under the Bus"...as it was patiently OBVIOUS the vessel that "Tattle Tail" was subliminally referencing .

Yet my post, where you consider I'm throwing Tattle Tail ( Soda Pop) under the bus as "Trolling"...

The usage of the word Trolling is a commonly used by people such as yourself as a facade defense when the forming of a legitimate argument is beyond your mental abilities
From the posting of yours I have seen the term, “Troll” is accurate and fitting. Trolls normally assume that they are mentally superior, when in reality they are normally nothing more than average. No matter what their mothers tell them. Just accept it’s who you are.

Also for someone who seems to think they are superior to the rest of us, I’m pretty shocked at how simple and boring the DM you sent me was. Maybe be a little more creative next time.

D64ABB2B-42F8-4E2C-B3BF-3A2741E5915C.png

Last edited:
Reactions: yellowfish26

yellowfish26

Totally Nude 24/7
Aug 21, 2008
Chula Vista/Ca/USA
Name
Jeff
Boat
26ft Seaswirl. The Big Chorizo
From the posting of yours I have seen the term, “Troll” is accurate and fitting. Trolls normally assume that they are mentally superior, when in reality they are normally nothing more than average. No matter what their mothers tell them. Just accept it’s who you are.

Also for someone who seems to think they are superior to the rest of us I’m pretty shocked at how simple and boring the DM you sent me was. Maybe be a little more creative next time.

View attachment 981554
He pm'd me too. It was too stupid and not worth the time it would take for me to copy and paste it here.

$norkle

May 6, 2008
Corvallis,OR
Name
Bruce
Boat
In my dreams!
I unfortunately fished that scow a lot when it was first launched, trying to get my brother into long range fishing. had a deckhand tell me to "go fuck myself"(undeserved) in the salon full of other passengers. NEVER AGAIN. this and other incidents made my brother never go again. these guys are no talent dicks that cant fish
So something happened to you 10-11 years ago and you conclude without evidence or confirmation that different individuals today are "no talent dicks"? Doesn't that make you an ignorant, argumentative, mean spirited dick? Just sayin'.

Lake

Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
I got one too but he was suggesting some sexual activity that goes against my orientation. What’s the over/under for how long till he’s banned?

Reactions: kbray001

PATYMELTER1

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 31, 2014
PLEASANTON, CA.
Name
PATRICK
Boat
SECOND CHANCE
Just got back from my slowest run to HB bank and other southern fishing areas on our trip. I have been fishing long range for a number of years. Been to HB bank over 50 times.....and yes I have had some slow trips but I have never seen it dead..... no life...… we fished it just a couple of hours....there was another boat that stayed a bit longer but what I hear was the same outcome...… both boats go to another place to fish. One boat stays and we take off to explore other areas to fish..... were on a 14 day trip....we end up traveling 8 or 9 days till we go on the hook to play with school size tuna and some yellow tail that were small grade..... I don't need to name the boats... most of you will put 2 and 2 and know the 2 boats that fished down south.... hey its fishing so I don't fault the captains at all..... what I do expect is a clean boat and good crew..... the boat I was on failed in many departments of customer service. Fishing is fishing and customer service is what brings me back.

I was one that boat ONE time for a 10-day trip and had an extremely bad experience....never went back. Don’t need to, Plenty of options out there. People make the difference in any business. I hope you tipped accordingly. Cheers.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
What does "patiently OBVIOUS" mean? Confusing. Less booze please sir.

Reactions: Bottom Line

Russ Scholl

Apr 1, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Name
Russ Scholl
Boat
Kayaks
PLEASE!!!!....Some of you are DENSER than Nova Scotia fog in June...

"Tattle Tale Soda Pop"...STARTED A THREAD about his 14 day trip on The Intrepid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/intrepid-14-day-nov-6-20-roll-call.702931/

Then the very NEXT DAY 11/21/2018... upon "Tattle Tail Soda Pop's"....RETURN from stated trip....he STARTS THIS THREAD!!!

IF you CAN'T SEE the connection!!!....Then you COULDN'T spot an Elephant in a telephone booth !!!

You’re funny

spinner

Dec 2, 2007
irvine
Name
mikegooing
Boat
none
bad crew and poor crew and/or performancebythecrew with rigging isthecaptains responsibility/ I always go with the captain and the boat second. the skipper makes the boat and leads the crew. and when they are on the boat, the crew steps it up in all phases.

unfortunately, when you sign up 12 months in advance, you have no idea who is going to be the lead skipper and can have false expectations which will always lead to upset