14 Day Intrepid fishing with my Brother and Father!

Dexter Outdoors

patrickdeez

Oct 9, 2010
Frisco, TX, USA
Name
Patrick Dunn
Boat
N/A
I must say we had a great time as always! I have been fishing with my Dad for quite a few trips and this year we were able to talk my brother into the enjoyment.
We didn't catch a lot of fish this year, but the quality made up for it. Highlights of the trip include:
Hanging with my Dad and Brother
Watching and filming my brother catch fish (including his first 216# cow)
Meeting new people
Not having a "that guy" on this trip!
Catching a 198# YFT in about 7 minutes
Catching a 209# Cow YFT in about 12 minutes

Video of the 198# YFT
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fMBXSKuk3z0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>Video of the trip
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g5ZA76bEDoA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Derfsondeck

DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 28, 2006
Ventura
Name
Fred
Boat
Poopshoot
Hah cool vid thanks.What rod did you kill those fish so fast on?

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    Both my large 198 and 209 lb YFT caught using the boat rig...seeker 3x5 rod and Avet 80/3 speed topless!

My 233 lb YFT caught a few years ago on a Calstar GF755XXH custom wrapped rod and an Avet 50N SDS topless...25 minutes

Makes sense, lotta fun pulling hard... Did not know Avet had a 3 speed 80

BillyFun

Jan 14, 2006
    Santa Barbara, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Dunn
    Boat
    N/A
    Great job on the videos Pat. Always a pleasure fishing with my sons. What could be better than watching both your sons catch cows and coming up #2 pounds short at #198 (actually pretty cool).

There really was a great group on this trip. I agree with all your highlights, but want to add that it was great to see old friends also.

mpihl

philm
    Sep 17, 2004
    california
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    Stringari
    Best fishin trip of my life ! Great sharing the rail with all that were on the tip.

and by the way, Pat, Bill and Michael were also a pleasure.. :)

Mike Pihl