eric harner

Caliente Tuna
Oct 7, 2009
Phoenix Hellazona
Name
Azlandlocked
Boat
RRII, PV, the Big X
X, you can have her for free, about 30 years ago I was in my driveway doing some work on the boat I owned then, she walked out the house and said to me "I don't think you can afford that boat and me", I replied "give me about five minutes, I will pack my s**t on my boat and be out of here".
Never looked back, one of the best decision I ever made.
If it FLY'S FLOATS OR FUCKS RENT IT !!!!

soul troller

Mine bends where yours ends
Mar 14, 2004
Murrieta Ca
Name
Lou
Boat
Pursuit 2870 WA
To me, it's all relative to what we spend on this sport .

It's been awhile , but I always remember even the regular cheeseburgers being so damn good on the day boats.
Thought it was the 30 year old flat top.

I am a miser on some things. But when fishing , eating , having a beer , who really cares ? I get out there to forget all the other shit I left on land . It costs what it costs. I'll just make more money if I spend all mine. Life is good, but short .

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
To me, it's all relative to what we spend on this sport .

It's been awhile , but I always remember even the regular cheeseburgers being so damn good on the day boats.
Thought it was the 30 year old flat top.

I am a miser on some things. But when fishing , eating , having a beer , who really cares ? I get out there to forget all the other shit I left on land . It costs what it costs. I'll just make more money if I spend all mine. Life is good, but short .
:appl::appl::appl::cheers: X2.

marlyn

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
Hopefully, the burger came with the girl, but $13 does not seem enough.......

Now i would pay $13.00 for that and give her a tip too!

Reactions: BiggestT

CDR

Jun 2, 2008
Orange County, CA
Name
Cory
Boat
Let me fish on yours
I think the price of food on a sport boat is way way to high for what it is. Also, I have high cholesterol so I bring my own food. If there was a healthier option, and if the prices were lower, I would spend money in the galley. For now though, I bring my own lunch.

The fish cleaning has also gotten too high. I can see paying for a tuna to be filleted, but for bass and rockfish it just isn’t worth it anymore. Especially since I have to redo the fillets at home to get the rest of the bones out and the skin off. Since I’m going over the fillets at home anyway, I might as well do the whole fish and save me the cash. Just thrown an ice chest in your truck and pack your lunch.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
This thread reminds of a 1 1/2 day trip i did on the Pacific Queen 20 or so years ago.Meals weren't included so everything was made to order until the ride home when the ONLY thing they were making was spaghetti.I hate spaghetti and asked for anything but.Not happening.I wondered what came with dinner.Garlic bread.I paid ten bucks for a slice of garlic bread because i was starving.This $13.00 cheeseburger doesn't sound too bad now that i think about it.

Reactions: mrkrabs

MagBayCo

Promoter
Aug 31, 2019
Bahia Magdalena B.C.S.
Name
Mind Sweeper
Boat
BCS Fleet
Let’s see here ... entertainment and recreation has skyrocketed in costs.

Once friendly people with F you now attitudes.

Ya these forums are great for business.

I’m really enjoying my life and cash reserves by not going to movies, concerts, stadium sporting events, party boats, most restaurants, you name it.

I’m happier for not spending like a fool, but I remember that financial crisis that taught me a solid lesson like yesterday, lol.

Thank god I own 5 boats, 3 houses, copious land investments, an old truck and a ‘65 Ford coupe..

And I don’t have to fish with the MMA crowd, lolololololo ......

marlyn

Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs

Mean Gene

Old Fat Guy
Oct 27, 2013
Ennis, Montana
Name
Gene
Boat
The Searcher
That one is good but the fried rice in it sucks ass.
Yeah, some of them are good, and others are horrible. I've eaten my fair share in the middle of the night on top of some smokey frickin' mountain. Maybe it was good that it was dark because it made it harder to see what I was eating. LOL And what about those flat, hard things...what were they supposed to be? They wanted you to eat them, but I swear I could have laid them across two rocks and slept on them and they would never even have cracked.

joker63

Jul 14, 2007
Bakersfield CA
Name
Danny
Boat
I wish
Last week I went on a sporty outta 22nd st. Landing we went to Catalina
I had a grilled cheese,cheese burger, a coors lite,& 2 modelo’s tab was 14$
I paid 25$ and told em keep the change :rofl:

rick Jackson

"Carpe diem"
May 28, 2015
Name
RIP Jim Peterson
Boat
Glasspar Avalon/SeaQuest
The Galley Cooks/Chefs for the most part are a breed apart.
They have to listen to the Captain,Deckhands, and Customers
days on end trying their best to make everyone happy. Having worked w/ Patty(Sport King), Colonel(First String) and been on numerous 1 to 3 day trips.
Glad their around while out in the middle of the Ocean.:doh:

Last edited:

Tugboat64

150lb tuna club
Sep 8, 2017
La Mirada/Whittier
Name
Logan
Boat
Wanting a bigger boat
I’ve been on the victory and their burgers I believe we’re about 13$ but it was well worth it for this great victory burger

Tunaslayer

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 4, 2004
Dallas, Texas
Name
Omar
Boat
Hobie Pro Angler
7C495A84-CD94-4EE5-9FCA-ED430CDD371D.jpeg

I think we all know when the chef decides to add something “extra” to jack up the price. For example, Truffle anything turns a regular burger or fries into a ridiculous luxury tax.

I guess ambiance is also a type of luxury tax. Where you eat something is part of that. I don’t mind paying a little more to enjoy a good burger on a sport boat especially if it is part of the memory of catching a nice fish.

Same could be said for the beer, candy, and onboard tackle prices on the day boats (short range).

Please don’t take this to mean I agree with price gouging, but laissez faire is part of what makes America great (not just recently or again). Equilibrium will set the price naturally (supply/demand). If $13 is where it settles, so be it. Caveat emptor. Ask the prices before boarding or ordering and adjust accordingly.

Now if I find bedbugs in my $13 dirty burger, we are fighting.

7DB6A6FD-EB90-4569-86AB-5AF5B079F51F.png