12/8/17

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by patfishhi, Dec 9, 2017.

1. patfishhi

patfishhi Registered User

Name:
    Pat
    Boat:
    32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
    Got way too many vaca days left, needed to burn one. Knew the moon was wrong, tried anyway for bait, not. Ran out to the buoy none there either. A slip neighbor was also out. Headed towards CO, made a pass on the buoy, didn't mark anything out there either.

Maybe 5 Mi outside CO, coming up to a pile the rigger went came off, just got it back up, called my slip neighbor to let him know, then the port flat went, dumped 100 yds of line and came off, no evidence left at the crime scene??? The birds settled down, slip neighbor found some debris holding smaller tunas (akus/shibis) went over a caught a few, maybe 5 ##'rs.

Long story short, just inside the 1000 between R&S (around 3:30/heading for the barn) the stbd corner takes off, see a little blue not liking what he just did. Since pretty close to the harbor, cleared everything and somewhat put them away. Considering he wasn't too big, he sure had attitude. Took the gear off and put the rod in the rod holder about 30 yds from the boat, he just wouldn't give up. Gaffed and of course still stupid, no didn't have the bang stick set up, yes I should have.
    lit blue.JPG
    Got him in the boat, since I was close, just cleaned up, ran in, gutted and headed at the dock, will deal with it today. JSI lure I just rigged up Wednesday, that worked out well.
    run in blue right.jpg
    blue JSI.JPG
    In case you are curious; now there is one. The nest was pretty small, 2 chicks were too big, one was on the floor of the tower all dried up. It looks like I have a temporary mascot, he did pretty good all day, mom showed up before I left the boat.
    bird 12817.JPG
    Cheers
    Pat

2. mike gaudenti

mike gaudenti CARNAGE

Name:
    Carnage
    Boat:
    21 force
    Love the consistency. May that bird lead you to many piles in the future. Enjoy your day

3. shadzdad

shadzdad Member

Name:
    Darren
    Boat:
    building one
    Pat, nice solo marlin and always great pics. Too bad on the rubber hooks but still a great day and a great way to burn some leave. Poor bird, but survival of the fittest.

4. patfishhi

Name:
    Pat
    Boat:
    32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
    Thanks Mike.
    Thanks Darren. Yep would have liked to of seen that fish (the one that came off).

Cheers
    Pat

5. I'M OFF

I'M OFF Really off

Name:
    Tommy
    Boat:
    Awesome solo job Pat.......I was wishin, I was fishin.

6. shfish

shfish Member

Name:
    Spencer
    Boat:
    Ohana H, 30' Knife
    Aloha Pat Nice going on your Marlin love eating that size, just a follow up I did get to the HH on Thursday picked up a small 70lb Shibi but thats it looked pretty dead out there so not a very productive day for me but was really happy to be on the water:) Hope to see you out there soon

Aloha Spens

7. gthurner

gthurner Gary T

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    Stryker
    beautiful dead billfish. thanks for sharing

8. conor

conor Member

Name:
    Ohana o Kai
    Boat:
    20 ft. Pioneer
    Kai Nana with a 4th quarter touchdown, nice work Pat

9. patfishhi

Name:
    Pat
    Boat:
    32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
    Thanks Tommy, maybe see ya soon.
    Thanks Spens, good goin' on the shibi...
    Thanks Conor, had already relegated myself to just cleaning the boat, not a fish... surprise.

Cheers
    Pat