12-27-13

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
David (visiting from the Pacific Northwest) met me down at the boat @ 5:30, pushed off, stopped by the ledge, no bait but picked up some menpachi on the bottom (Nerlie will be happy). Swung by S, made a couple passes, went to the 1000 then angled towards the pinnacle. About a mile from the pinnacle the center releases, then nothing, I get to the back deck, David stays in the tower, I see the center rod bounce, then see the port corner does the same, then the stbd corner goes, then nothing, deja vu. Finally the stbd rigger goes and we get that one, nice little Hebi, David gets his first spearfish. We hoped for more but were happy with what we got. Kept lookin', found the porpoise, but so did about 15 other boats. Got back in just before 4, good fun day,
DSCF0331.jpg
David is happy, so is Pat as David brought some fresh caught King Salmon and also some smoked salmon. I know what's for dinner.

May you all have a very Happy and Safe New Year's Eve and New Year.

Pat

sgchun

Aug 19, 2012
pearl city
Name
Wally
Boat
Boomerang-17 currentline
Hi Pat,
Thanks for always sharing your catches!! It is always nice to see what is coming up. Was it hard getting out of Waianae harbor?
Thanks again,
Steve

shadzdad

Aug 6, 2010
Wahiawa,HI USA
Name
Darren
Boat
building one
Pat and David, perfect timing getting fish for new years. That's just awesome, and the fresh salmon to top it off.

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Hi Pat,
Thanks for always sharing your catches!! It is always nice to see what is coming up. Was it hard getting out of Waianae harbor?
Thanks again,
Steve
Steve,
Thanks, my pleasure. yesterday was fine (getting out), I would suspect tomorrow will be dicey. Goodluck if you go.

Cheers
Pat

AKEMI TOO

Nov 20, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Name
Steven
Boat
21 Seaswirl Stripper W/A
Talk about consistency, the Kai Nana strikes again. That's good sashimi and just in time for the new years party. Even without the Captain aboard still getting fish, but it seems you still need her aboard for the yellow guy.
My son gets in today so thinking about monday, hope the surf comes down a little. Happy New Year!

Dec 4, 2011
Greenbank/WA/USA
Name
David
Boat
Silver Streak 26 Swiftsure
Thanks Pat
It was an awesome experience fishing on the Kai Nana with you. I appreciate you letting me reel that hebi in and driving your boat much of the day. I really enjoyed seeing all the porpoises play and you sharing lots of your fishing knowledge. Look forward to going out again. Happy new years.

calvinkeithpres

ISLAND WARRIOR
Apr 29, 2011
Sunset Bch, Hi USA
Name
Calvin Pressly
Boat
Island Warrior
David (visiting from the Pacific Northwest) met me down at the boat @ 5:30, pushed off, stopped by the ledge, no bait but picked up some menpachi on the bottom (Nerlie will be happy). Swung by S, made a couple passes, went to the 1000 then angled towards the pinnacle. About a mile from the pinnacle the center releases, then nothing, I get to the back deck, David stays in the tower, I see the center rod bounce, then see the port corner does the same, then the stbd corner goes, then nothing, deja vu. Finally the stbd rigger goes and we get that one, nice little Hebi, David gets his first spearfish. We hoped for more but were happy with what we got. Kept lookin', found the porpoise, but so did about 15 other boats. Got back in just before 4, good fun day,
View attachment 489699
David is happy, so is Pat as David brought some fresh caught King Salmon and also some smoked salmon. I know what's for dinner.

May you all have a very Happy and Safe New Year's Eve and New Year.

Pat
Pat
Good going, Joe Roland and I got a Hebi early yesterday, nothing else during the day!

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Pat and David, perfect timing getting fish for new years. That's just awesome, and the fresh salmon to top it off.
Thanks Darren, the salmon was great. Happy New Year.

Talk about consistency, the Kai Nana strikes again. That's good sashimi and just in time for the new years party. Even without the Captain aboard still getting fish, but it seems you still need her aboard for the yellow guy.
My son gets in today so thinking about monday, hope the surf comes down a little. Happy New Year!
Thanks Steven, godd luck today if you went. Happy New Year.

Thanks Pat
It was an awesome experience fishing on the Kai Nana with you. I appreciate you letting me reel that hebi in and driving your boat much of the day. I really enjoyed seeing all the porpoises play and you sharing lots of your fishing knowledge. Look forward to going out again. Happy new years.
Thanks David, hope we can make it out again before you leave. Happy New Year.

Pat
Good going, Joe Roland and I got a Hebi early yesterday, nothing else during the day!
Thanks and good goin' to you and Joe. Happy New Year.

By the way; the striped marlin VS a long billed spear discussion has me intrigued.

Happy New Year all.
Pat