Sdchronix

Kook Style
Jul 26, 2018
San diego
Name
Anthony C.
Boat
Hooked Up Boat Club - Parker 2320
Jumped on the HUBC Parker2320 with some of the boys from Alpine Beer Co. yesterday morning. Left the dock around 9:15 grabbed a very generous half scoop of lively 'dines and got to it. Hung around the SI launch ramp for awhile, started off with a slow bite and very little drift. Caught a few bass there, very nice sized spotties and a decent sandie while missing a few bites from what we were very confident was a halibut.

Tried out a few of their "secret spots" that produced a few more bass. Then gave the Coronado Bridge a try. Got to watch several of the CG boats jet around, power slide and maneuver around each other. We enjoyed watching them, can only imagine how much fun they were all having. Had the rod in the holder while drinking a beer and Kyle pointed out that it was doubled, I reached over and by the time I grabbed it the fish was gone. Started slow reeling it in getting hit several times before it finally took the bait and got the hook. Dead weight the whole way up, even thought I lost it a few times and it might just be the weight, but when I'd stop reeling I would get headshakes. Pulled it up and in the net, 24 inch Halibut on the boat! Group of people in a passing boat cheered & celebrated with us, as well as one of the CG boats who rounded the pylon and saw it.

Few more spots for some more decent bass. Decided to give the launch ramp another shot since the wind picked up a bit. No luck. Met up with a buddy and decided to drift one more spot with them on the way in. Produced one more legal halibut slightly larger than the first for my buddy Kyle. We decided to call it a day and gave the rest of our bait to our buddy who was using only artificials but gave in after he saw us land one.

Great day on the water thanks to Alpine Beer & Hooked Up Boat Club

Upvote 0

Sdchronix

Kook Style
Jul 26, 2018
San diego
Name
Anthony C.
Boat
52698.jpeg
52695.jpeg
52693.jpeg
52691.jpeg
52723.jpeg
52699.jpeg
IMG_20191216_121141.jpg
IMG_20191216_135812.jpg

Upvote 0

Spoons

USCG Master
Oct 21, 2004
San Diego/SF Bay
Name
Capt. Erik
Boat
21' Center Console
Nice were you drifting sliding sinker rigs or 3 way?

Upvote 0

Sdchronix

Kook Style
Jul 26, 2018
San diego
Name
Anthony C.
Boat
Mine was caught on reverse dropper, I believe Kyle's was as well. Wasn't getting any love on the 3way w/ stinger.

Reactions: Spoons
Upvote 0

longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 14, 2011
    La mesa ca
    Name
    cody
    Boat
    17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
    Jumped on the HUBC Parker2320 with some of the boys from Alpine Beer Co. yesterday morning. Left the dock around 9:15 grabbed a very generous half scoop of lively 'dines and got to it. Hung around the SI launch ramp for awhile, started off with a slow bite and very little drift. Caught a few bass there, very nice sized spotties and a decent sandie while missing a few bites from what we were very confident was a halibut.

Tried out a few of their "secret spots" that produced a few more bass. Then gave the Coronado Bridge a try. Got to watch several of the CG boats jet around, power slide and maneuver around each other. We enjoyed watching them, can only imagine how much fun they were all having. Had the rod in the holder while drinking a beer and Kyle pointed out that it was doubled, I reached over and by the time I grabbed it the fish was gone. Started slow reeling it in getting hit several times before it finally took the bait and got the hook. Dead weight the whole way up, even thought I lost it a few times and it might just be the weight, but when I'd stop reeling I would get headshakes. Pulled it up and in the net, 24 inch Halibut on the boat! Group of people in a passing boat cheered & celebrated with us, as well as one of the CG boats who rounded the pylon and saw it.

Few more spots for some more decent bass. Decided to give the launch ramp another shot since the wind picked up a bit. No luck. Met up with a buddy and decided to drift one more spot with them on the way in. Produced one more legal halibut slightly larger than the first for my buddy Kyle. We decided to call it a day and gave the rest of our bait to our buddy who was using only artificials but gave in after he saw us land one.

Great day on the water thanks to Alpine Beer & Hooked Up Boat Club
    Nice job dude the halibut bite has been very good in the bay the last month!

Upvote 0

cortezpirasea

Pangero
    Feb 23, 2012
    la mesa, ca
    Name
    Russell
    Boat
    21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
    Gotta love a legal halibut! :food-smil A lot of guys will not enjoy fishing the bay until they catch a legal halibut.

Reactions: Sdchronix
    Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    I mean awesome fish and all, but how cool is it to be friends with someone who runs a brewery =)

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    Great job on the Halibut guys!
    Did you end the day with 2 or 3 legal Halibut?
    Loved the pictures!
    Suggestion: drop a hoopnet at the base of the rock, see green arrow.
    z.jpg

Upvote 0

Sdchronix

Kook Style
    Jul 26, 2018
    San diego
    Name
    Anthony C.
    Boat
    Great job on the Halibut guys!
    Did you end the day with 2 or 3 legal Halibut?
    Loved the pictures!
    Suggestion: drop a hoopnet at the base of the rock, see green arrow.
    View attachment 1099439
    We ended with 2 total. Both barely legal. I actually have not gone hoopnetting yet but want to try, thanks for the advice!

Reactions: rick rouland
    Upvote 0

madrugador

ITS ALL ABOUT THE HUNT
  • Jul 6, 2004
    el cajon
    Name
    chad
    Boat
    26 blackman MADRUGADOR II For sale ,13'6 gregor hoopster
    We ended with 2 total. Both barely legal. I actually have not gone hoopnetting yet but want to try, thanks for the advice!

Jim has been with me several times and knows how.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
  • Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    Looked like some beers and fish were downed!
    Good job!

Upvote 0