12-15-20

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Needing to use up some vaca decided to get wet... Mike and I pushed off just after 5, early enough to grab some akules, then on to the buoy and got some more bait there. A few boats at the buoy, so we decided to stay, set out a bird with a daisy chain and a small chase bait. Mike put out the Ika on the other corner, first pass outside the buoy a fish blows up in the squid but missed, Mike kept popping it and less than 2 minutes later a decent sized blue decides he want squid for breakfast but misses the hooks. Damn pretty exciting only 10 minutes in and missed a couple fish on the Ika. That was it for the surface action so resorted to bait.

Put an Akule Opelu breakfast combo out, maybe 45 minutes later the stbd rubber band (opelu) breaks and its game on. Mike eventually gets the the new prototype Seamount harness on, thanks Jerry we likey... It's obvious this one isn't a 25 # shibi, slightly larger size, get the fish to leader, as I grab the leader fish runs aft and gets to the transom, the leader catches the lip of the stbd trim tab and breaks off (after a few cuss words) get another opelu out. Long story short, that was it, got in around 2:30.
bendo 121520 II.jpg

Really like the new Seamount 2021 harness, keeps the center of gravity low on the angler and get to use your larger muscles. Again thanks Jerry for the prototype trial run.
bendo 121520 I.jpg

Cheers
Pat

Upvote 0

AKEMI TOO

Nov 20, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Name
Steven
Boat
21 Seaswirl Stripper W/A
Nice to hear from you again. Too bad on the teasers, at least got the hits. Know you'll get one soon, the Kai Nana never fails to get the rest of us excited.

Upvote 0