• Aug 29, 2012
    Glide Or. 97443
    Name
    Jake Waardenburg
    Boat
    N/A
    Wow that’s a shame!! RIP Ralph !!
    Great guy a legend..!!
    Got to share the rail with Ralph a few times .. one of a kind..

Upvote 0

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
    Mar 27, 2013
    Alaska
    Name
    JAM
    Boat
    Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
    What a life story. And what a dedicated Cow hunter. Two solid days standing on deck with his old school rod fishing the kite during sloppy weather. This in his 80's. Glad I got to know him even if it just scratched the surface.

Upvote 0

fyermn

Sep 2, 2005
    Utah
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    LONG RANGE fishing
    I have met the man, but I just hope I can continue Long Range fishing at his age; I am approaching it very quickly.

Upvote 0

wtrbrdm

1143 Miles From The Landing
    Apr 5, 2016
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Name
    Ben
    Boat
    Excel
    Never met the man but have some fiends who knew him well....he had a great run. When I got back from CA this morning and put my rods into the rod room...I took an extra long look at the big fish award I won on the last Gallagher trip....which was made by Ralph.

RIP and thanks to all you old dogs who share your knowledge with us newer guys...

Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    :notworthyRalph..... the Mayor of "Cow Town".... may you find the peace you seek brother. Thank you for sharing your time.... your words.... your techniques... your big fish theories with me and the many others you called friends.

Over and over again.... I would come back.... to you for your observational theories..... and along with my own.... we would successfully change angling techniques / rigging and support items used by the coming generations of LR anglers.

The "Handlebar mustache" was his signature of course..... along with the 50W and 80W loaded for bear. Always ready....he reminds me of ALL the LR "legends" that brought us to the current state of Long Range. Jimmy Lu.... Butch Green... Curt Wiesenhutter.... Stasi Vellinokas.... are all legends.... and today's LONG RANGE anglers owe them props for their contributions to the fishing we love.

Before I sign off today brother.... as you can now SEE all the fish we are trying to get.... lead me to "that" fish.... one more time. R.I.P. Brother. Will miss you much. Say hello to the other "Legends"...we miss them as well.

Upvote 0