triton91

Almost A Member
Jul 11, 2006
Kaaawa
Name
John
Boat
23' Outrage
Hey got one peanut YFT off the ponies 3.5 miles south of catalina around noon. 70 degree water. Was at island dragging rapalas saw big splash way off. No wind so ran out there mega pod of ponies. Threw blk/prle marauder out. 2 mins later bit!! Small YFT. Worked group for another few hours big bait marks. Fish was full of fresh squid. I'll try to attach photo. I'm on mooring in avalon enjoying cocktail so who knows if I'll get it posted. But great water south of island. Coming over all paddies loaded with micro tails and blue perch!! Maybe finish rite will upload for me. I can't from phone.

Upvote 0

triton91

Almost A Member
Jul 11, 2006
Kaaawa
Name
John
Boat
23' Outrage
IMG_20141107_121655.jpg

Upvote 0

nefarious235

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
Now that is funny
Jeeez... Cocktails

Upvote 0

triton91

Almost A Member
Jul 11, 2006
Kaaawa
Name
John
Boat
23' Outrage
Yes China no wait it was the beers!! No wind whole way over. Saw Damn puffer fish free swimming. We did not bring bait or would of tried that!!

Reactions: wils
Upvote 0

Britt

Sep 26, 2014
Name
Britt
Boat
wooldridge alaskan
I call bullshit...that fish wasn't caught at Catalina...its obvious you were fishing off the coast of China on the other side of the world!
you are right anyone can see even a blonde that him and the fish is upside down so he has to be standing on the other side of the world!!....geeze.....what u guys been smokin?

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
I may just go that way on Sunday....

Thanks for the report!

Upvote 0

strackle99

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Mar 20, 2008
    Villa Lepro, Baja
    Name
    Todd
    Boat
    The one on the fish
    This year just won't quit!!!

A November Yft in US waters!!! Incredible!!!

Congrats on a prize for the ages!!!

Upvote 0

triton91

Almost A Member
    Jul 11, 2006
    Kaaawa
    Name
    John
    Boat
    23' Outrage
    Sitting on boat in avalon rocking drinking a beer. Water is 70 in harbor! Pretty cool! There was lots of bait balls on the meter in the ponies around 100 feet. So maybe with some bait they would bite! Shocked the hell out of me a yellowfin in November so close to catalina! Maybe mackerel bank is worth a look with flat weather. They might be there??

I did a little dance after bouncing the fish shouting it's god Damn November and we just got a YFT near Catalina!!

Good luck!!

John

Reactions: Blackfish and wils
    Upvote 0

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
    Jul 22, 2008
    SD County
    Name
    Randall
    Boat
    27x10
    I have to second this! When is the last time you can remember this happening?

Around 2008+ or-, the week before thanksgiving. Caught about eight of them with buddy. You could fit four in a five gallon bucket and their tail barely reached over the top! Never forget that picture. Every time I see the corona add with bottles in a bucket it reminds me of it.

Fantastic find and catch triton!

Reactions: Hardcor
    Upvote 0

ranchero

fishing-pox..?I have fishing plauge
    Apr 29, 2004
    SD
    Name
    Al
    Boat
    25 skipjack -Albatross
    amazing range on that skiff..!!

Cat is amazing!!! What a shot. I need to get out there with the fam. Amazing that YFT still around!

Anyone who has luxury of being on or in the water in Southern California...is just really fortunate!

Reactions: peteking
    Upvote 0

Latest posts