PENN

kookfarmer

Nov 14, 2017
Carson
Name
lewis
Boat
15' Klamath "alLEWr"
Launched out of Redondo heading to rocky, saw lots of bait near the canyon but didn't give it much of a look. Dive boats were on the spots I wanted to hit first so I went looking for current and it was hard to find. I got three short calicos at the first stop on a 5'' plastic but it slowed down and went looking again. Fished out deep and in tight, worked many zones and couldn't come up with a bite. Chased some barracuda around and ended up with one. Had some boat issues, a spark plug wire came loose and it took a while to figure out the issue. Ended up sticking one decent calico before the bite completely shut down. Beat a dead horse for another two hours and headed for the barn. It wasn't exactly a slammer but I did manage to get some GoPro action on the better bass.

Upvote 0

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
  • Jul 28, 2012
    Fullerton
    Name
    Wally
    Boat
    16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
    Had a 14 DLX Klamath.
    I am sure as I age, I'll probably go back to easier boat ownership.
    Great report and video.
    Thanks

Reactions: kookfarmer
    Upvote 0

Eric Rosso

Fishaholic Extraordinaire
    Nov 6, 2019
    Oregon
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    bass boat
    Way to salvage a limp day of fishing! Probably should have been drifting for flatties with as calm as it was. Also, check that bait next time. Sometimes squid will come up the canyon, and the WSBs will be around ;-)

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    It sucks when you encounter boat issues, you figured it out though and moved forward, accomplished your GoPro goal with video action, caught a few fish, nothing better than being off the mainland on the water.

Reactions: kookfarmer
    Upvote 0

kookfarmer

Nov 14, 2017
    Carson
    Name
    lewis
    Boat
    15' Klamath "alLEWr"
    Way to salvage a limp day of fishing! Probably should have been drifting for flatties with as calm as it was. Also, check that bait next time. Sometimes squid will come up the canyon, and the WSBs will be around ;-)

thanks for the tip. will give it a look next time.

Upvote 0

Latest posts