PENN

Wasitrytofish

May 1, 2012
Monrovia ca united states
Name
Glen Mitchell
Boat
Sea Fox 248 Commander
Fished SBI today. fished the backside of the island for most of the day.
water was 61 most of where we fished. gorgeous day.
Limits of mixed Reds, chuckle heads, starries for 4. the handful of whitefish that snuck into the boat. A lingcod and a Mako. Mako showed on a high soot in the middle of a great rockfish bite.
I also nabbed a 7lb yellow on the YoYo right out of the gate.
We caught a couple short halibut (released)on the front side before heading for the barn.
killer day out there. i haven’t checked the weather for the week but if you can go, go.
just nice out there right now anywhere.
Need to keep an eye on this upcoming Covid bull shit closure. I’m hoping the parks and launches aren’t wrapped up in the funny business.
Hope you all have a great week.
i’m beat.

glen

Upvote 0

robaire

Angler
Jul 22, 2013
Menifee, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
n/a
Nice,
Been a long time since I fished out there.
Last time was probably 7-8 years ago but managed to pull in a nice 40 pound plus WSB.
Thanks for the report.
Robert

Upvote 0

wahoo_92606

• Dec 19, 2008
    Placentia/CA/Orange
    Name
    Sean
    Boat
    18 Panga
    We were out there too, fished at the back. Got two lingcods, 30 rockfish, and some whitefish for 5 anglers. Yup, the weather was very nice at the island, but freezing cold on the way out on a center console.

Upvote 0

Wasitrytofish

May 1, 2012
    Monrovia ca united states
    Name
    Glen Mitchell
    Boat
    Sea Fox 248 Commander
    We were out there too, fished at the back. Got two lingcods, 30 rockfish, and some whitefish for 5 anglers. Yup, the weather was very nice at the island, but freezing cold on the way out on a center console.
    Kuiu Fall weather hoody and wind breakers make it nice!
    pretty sure we saw you back there. we were the center counsel inside you and then doing some drifts with you back there. then maybe saw you cleaning up on the front side before hitting the road back?

Upvote 0