So Cal Editor
BD Writer
May 1, 2005
LBC
Name
Erik
Boat
Robalo 226 Cayman
Fished out of San Diego yesterday with my buddies John and Gerry. Launched out of Shelter and picked up a couple scoops of chovie. It was blowing offshore in the morning and the ride out was dog shit for the first 15 miles but cleaned up past the Coronados. Found a paddy a few miles past the islands that was loaded with micro yellows and a few dorado. We stopped and threw some chum and the tuna found us immediately. First round of fish was all big ones that we weren't ready for with 15-pound test and light wire circle hooks. Went 2 for 6 on these fish with 2 of the losses coming right at the boat due to broken or straightened hooks after 40 minute battles. After that the more manageable sized fish showed up and we left them biting an hour later with limits of 8 to 15 pound tuna. Back on the trailer by 1 pm.Hard to believe it's a couple days shy of December...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Upvote 0

cvjarrod

Freshie
Aug 6, 2003
Chula Vista
Visit site
Name
Jarrod
Boat
24 Diesel Skipjack Flybridge
Some local pigs there!

I vacuum packed ten yft yesterday and was doing everything I could to write YFT, not RKF on the bags. Best November I can remember.

Reactions: get some
Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
NIce! Great pics to.

Upvote 0

Deep_blue

Cristy J
Sep 5, 2004
Poway/CA/USA
Name
Robert Jones
Boat
Grady White 282 Sailfish
San Diego = New Cabo

Wow, nice grade of yellowfin. Almost December. ...we will be talking about this season forever.

Awesome report and way to slay those quality fish. Congrats!

Reactions: get some
Upvote 0

Latest posts