WaterDawg

Jun 28, 2008
Ladera Ranch, CA
Name
Kevin
Boat
17' Whaler
11.15 dove.JPG
I don't usually travel so far from the OC for work, but I intentionally took a job in the low desert so I would have an excuse to run down to the IV. I didn't hunt at all during the first season and didn't know what to expect. Checked out a new area (new to me) in the north end of the Valley for a couple of hours after work on Wednesday. Was hoping for a few quail here but saw only mourning dove in pretty good numbers. Shot at a few but they were coming so hot and I am out of practice, I missed completely.

Went south, crashed in Brawley then got up early to try a potential dove spot I remember scoping out last year. It was nice actually wearing hunting clothes to hunt (long sleeves, pants etc) because it was cold in the AM. Also, mid-week and I saw no other hunters in the area but did hear a few shots in the distance.

The new spot panned-out, with a solid early flight of mourning dove. The ECDs woke up just before I had to leave at about 9 AM. I adjusted to the speedy mournings and bagged 12, followed by 6 fatter, slower euros. Went back to the motel, took a shower, dressed and back to reality to a job in Escondido.

Good luck everyone!

Upvote 0

ror_sal

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"
Nov 6, 2011
San Diego
Name
Rory
Boat
Side job
Thanks for the report man. How was the wind? I was out there the 25th also and it was blowing like a mofo

Upvote 0

MJB

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jun 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    sold it!!
    image.jpeg
    Once you find the spot it's game on!

I've got a spot of cut Sudan that's held a great shoot since it opened

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      401.8 KB · Views: 44
    Reactions: JTH
    Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    View attachment 640280 Once you find the spot it's game on!

I've got a spot of cut Sudan that's held a great shoot since it opened
    That one Rooster looks like it may have been about barrel length away on detonation :rofl: Damn

Upvote 0

Baller

Jig Chucker
    Nov 16, 2010
    La Mesa
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    American Angler
    That is rad! Well done sir...

Upvote 0