fly liner

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 10, 2009
hemet ca USA
Name
Josh
Boat
21' crystaliner /15' prowler
Who else was on the water today and heard several times about a pirate attack with small-arms fire? it was two Red Skiffs

Upvote 0

fly liner

Apr 10, 2009
hemet ca USA
Name
Josh
Boat
I heard this today but couldn't make out a location when they were talking about it.
33 something 118 something. Is it only me or did it seem like there was a lot of I don't know how to phrase this governmental radio traffic on 72 today

I believe they said the Pirates boarded The Vessel

Upvote 0

fly liner

Apr 10, 2009
hemet ca USA
Name
Josh
Boat
And I was just talking to my ex about how I thought it was odd, that pirates would conduct their attack in two red vessels. considering red vessels are very easy to spot. But then come to think of it, if you were on a boat, and you saw a red vessel heading in your direction you may think it's towboat, lifeguard, or Coast Guard,or something of that nature. and not be alarmed until it was too late to be alarmed.

Reactions: CartridgeCalls
Upvote 0

Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
Nov 28, 2015
Tustin
Name
Croaker
Boat
Arima Sea Pacer
Reactions: CartridgeCalls
Upvote 0

Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
Nov 28, 2015
Tustin
Name
Croaker
Boat
Arima Sea Pacer
So just as a question, during navy drills they broadcast on 72. And start the broadcast with

Attention all MARINERS....

Wouldn’t they broadcast to “All Mariners” on channel 16 ?

Maybe it was a hoax ?

Upvote 0

pugz

Almost A Member
Nov 25, 2010
Ca
Name
Jim
Boat
Mine
Navy exercise, I have head that one last year and could hear the navy firing guns in the background.

Upvote 0

Steveo77

Steveo77
Apr 22, 2012
Rancho Cucamonga CA
Name
Steve
Boat
Grumpy
That's odd that it was on 72. I was at Cat and heard a vessel on 72 telling someone that they were taking on water and the pumps couldn't keep up. Crew of three on the bridge. I couldn't hear anyone come back, but it was apparent they were getting a come back (I just wasn't picking it up). I hailed them for #'s and offer assistance, and didn't get anything back. It went blank after that. After a couple of minutes I switched to 16 to hear anything and nothing was said about anything of that nature.
It seemed odd that a call like that was on 72.

Upvote 0