ANGLING ALLEN

Almost A Member
  • Apr 14, 2006
    Fullerton
    Name
    Larry
    Boat
    finatic
    Friday, 11/20, departing San Pedro hoping to go to Catalina. Headed out at 7:30, turned the corner at Angels Gate start to the West end. After about 5 miles hit thick fog, try another 20 minutes, give up and head back to the Horseshoe area where there is some fog, but I can stay out of the shipping lanes. The fog has been a daily issue for the last month, at last in my experience. Not equipped with radar, not a fan of the fog. Found some stones in about 95 feet with 58.2 degree water. Lots of birds sitting, with some dolphin cruising around. Plenty of bait in the water, most every bass had a sardine in his mouth when I unhooked my plastic. Pretty steady pick with about 10 fish per hour for five hours. Put about 50 fish on a solo run with mixed bag mostly Calicos and Sand Bass, together with sculpin, whitefish, and macks too. One mack about three pounds, thought he was a bonito! Bass were 13 to 20 inches, bigger grade during the fog. Bites become less aggressive when the sun broke through the fog. All fish released, surprisingly great and fun day! Overall, good day, and saved on fuel! Tight lines!

Upvote 0

Rusty123

Yep
    Mar 7, 2019
    Long Beach
    Name
    Rusty
    Boat
    Bayliner cuddy
    Friday, 11/20, departing San Pedro hoping to go to Catalina. Headed out at 7:30, turned the corner at Angels Gate start to the West end. After about 5 miles hit thick fog, try another 20 minutes, give up and head back to the Horseshoe area where there is some fog, but I can stay out of the shipping lanes. The fog has been a daily issue for the last month, at last in my experience. Not equipped with radar, not a fan of the fog. Found some stones in about 95 feet with 58.2 degree water. Lots of birds sitting, with some dolphin cruising around. Plenty of bait in the water, most every bass had a sardine in his mouth when I unhooked my plastic. Pretty steady pick with about 10 fish per hour for five hours. Put about 50 fish on a solo run with mixed bag mostly Calicos and Sand Bass, together with sculpin, whitefish, and macks too. One mack about three pounds, thought he was a bonito! Bass were 13 to 20 inches, bigger grade during the fog. Bites become less aggressive when the sun broke through the fog. All fish released, surprisingly great and fun day! Overall, good day, and saved on fuel! Tight lines!
    3 lb mackerel??

the state record is 2lbs 8oz! You coulda had your name in the record books!

Upvote 0

ANGLING ALLEN

Almost A Member
  • Apr 14, 2006
    Fullerton
    Name
    Larry
    Boat
    finatic
    3 lb mackerel??

the state record is 2lbs 8oz! You coulda had your name in the record books!
    Hmmm... He was over 18 inches long and stout. Beautiful green back. Oh well, he's still out there. I better check those record books, just looking to enjoy the water! Guess you never know...

Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    That would be something proud of. Your name in the record books for the largest mackerel ever caught 3lbs!!!! Priceless :rofl:

Upvote 0