Wasitrytofish

May 1, 2012
Monrovia ca united states
Name
Glen Mitchell
Boat Name
Sea Fox 248 Commander
Launched Davies 10am
West Marine for a couple necessities to keep the mind at ease, in terms of safety.
Headed out of the harbor shortly thereafter.
First time on the new skiff so we were mostly testing it out. Ocean was a lake, coupe onots of wind. ran inside and exited Long Beach opening and jammed up the the Green Buoy. no bait, just seeing how it ran. north of the buoy, major bait ball and some seriously Fat, Overfed Yellows on the finder. the boys, quickly rigged some irons but we slipped off the spot and couldn’t get them marks again. water 64.8.
we decided to run back to the harbor for bait. San Pedro- closed? down to nachos for a nice 3 pass scoop of cured 3-5” dines. perfect baits. did well all day.
back out to the buoy, couple spots on PV for a couple calicos. current was backwards but we weren’t fishing hard.
wife and son nap on the front seats. older son and I through some bait out the back.
Back to harbor for takeout and dinner on the cruise back the the launch. on the trailer by 5pm.
perfect day. not much to report but feels good to post something for the first time in 3 years! (other than a hunt report:))

6D4107C7-A397-444C-8D7A-571D7BACCD6F.jpeg

Upvote 0

simmo13

I Should Upgrade My Account
Nov 12, 2010
Lb inshore
Name
Simmo
Boat Name
19’ baja bayrunner!!!!!
Right on sounds like a nice shakedown run. I believe u on those homeguards. I hooked one two Saturdays ago on live squid and got lobster buoyed.

Upvote 0

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
  • Aug 6, 2016
    SoCal - Corona
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat Name
    I know a couple guys...
    Now THAT'S what I call family time!! Thanks for sharing. Headed to Cat this Saturday? Hope the weather stays nice.

Upvote 0

Wasitrytofish

May 1, 2012
    Monrovia ca united states
    Name
    Glen Mitchell
    Boat Name
    Sea Fox 248 Commander
    Now THAT'S what I call family time!! Thanks for sharing. Headed to Cat this Saturday? Hope the weather stays nice.
    Very likely headed out many days over the next 15 days. son home from College, high school baseball boys get a few days down, usually hunting the time but looks like fishing is on the menu.
    super pumped

Reactions: the SLIDER
    Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat Name
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Nothing like time on the water with family, Awesome!

Upvote 0

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
    Jun 11, 2015
    Dana Point
    Name
    L J
    Boat Name
    arima - the SLIDER
    Your kitchen table floats?

Congratulations on the new sled.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

splashy77

Almost A Member
    Apr 3, 2007
    Lane Vicky
    Name
    Daniel
    Boat Name
    Hasbro's Timon and Pumba pool floatie
    Sweet Glen! New ride looks awesome. Wife and I are looking to get out this weekend for sure. Look forward to seeing you guys out there.
    Dan

Upvote 0