11/11 long beach

PENN

Tuna rob

May 17, 2015
Name
rob
Boat
triumph 170 cc
fished today with my buddy Justin. Launched out of Cabrillo around 6:00 and headed for Palos Verdes in absolutely perfect flat conditions. Slight wind in the morning offshore and clear shot of Catalina, we averaged 30 MPH. Tried some marks just outside the kelp line in 60 feet of water. We got a handful of sand bass, with a bonito and barracudda mixed in. We used plastics and crank baits. Once the current moved in we were a a fairly steady pick for about an hour. Nothing worth mentioning everything on the small side, but still a blast on light line. We moved towards the finger reef area to my Red spot to load up with some meat for my wife's party tonight, but for the first time ever it was hard to get any reds, and anything quality at that. A lot of little baby rockfish with the occasional small red. Tried the 150 for a little bit and only managed a few whitefish. Headed back by 1200 to get home and party. Ended up with taking home 12 reds not very big at all, but enough for a few fish tacos. Only took one pick of the average bass we were catching. Had 2 that were legal the rest were short.

image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Nice to have been on the water versus working. Nice job indeed!

Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    Always a fun day on the water. I liked your picture of the sailboat with the TRUMP decal. It was going out of the breakwater while I was on the Sport King coming in on Wednesday late afternoon. Seemed to only be able to tack to the right, though.

Reactions: Ryan_J
    Upvote 0

Tuna rob

May 17, 2015
    Name
    rob
    Boat
    triumph 170 cc
    Would love too Eddie. Catalina looked so tempting it was like a lake. Maybe we can go out soon if fire season ever ends. Lol.

Upvote 0