PENN

bitesomthing

Jul 13, 2003
Southern ca
Name
chris
Boat
always upgrading
took the kid out last night and ran to cat on a beautiful ride over to the island. Second guessed my plan and Stopped at a old spot i used to hoop a lot and had much success in the past. Well its been a while since last time i was hooping.. Well after last night i realized i suck at this lobster thing.. we had 35 shorts and all the eels and Horn sharks we wanted. NOT A SINGLE KEEPER!!!!!!! I didnt think anyone could fail at Cat. WELL I DID.
Weather was great
company was good
lobstering sucked ( For ME )
eel hunting was on fire...

Reactions: surfgoose
Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
took the kid out last night and ran to cat on a beautiful ride over to the island. Second guessed my plan and Stopped at a old spot i used to hoop a lot and had much success in the past. Well its been a while since last time i was hooping.. Well after last night i realized i suck at this lobster thing.. we had 35 shorts and all the eels and Horn sharks we wanted. NOT A SINGLE KEEPER!!!!!!! I didnt think anyone could fail at Cat. WELL I DID.
Weather was great
company was good
lobstering sucked ( For ME )
eel hunting was on fire...

Breathe deep Chris . . . sometimes this stuff happens.
More then happy to help you and your son get some lobsters, lemme know.

Reactions: mandoman68
Upvote 0

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
Was tough Sunday as well for us, current and conditions weren't ideal. Lotsa shorts in tight/shallow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
Brookings Oregon
Name
mike
Boat
19"Gregor
Fast forward 5 years......
"We hooped shallower last night (375 ft) and only got a couple legals. My buddy hooping 600 ft got limits".
Exactly.20 years ago all you had to do was mosy out to the breakwall to hoop.It wasn't about who got limits it was about who got done first.

Reactions: plj46
Upvote 0

talltale

Feb 20, 2008
yucaipa
Name
chris
Boat
23.5 trophy "Tonetta T"
Fast forward 20 years: Showing my great grandson pics of california lobsters last night. "We used to catch these off the coast. All gone now"

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Don't know what the problem is,i read here somewhere this is the best fishing we've ever had :-)

Upvote 0

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
I get all my bugs in 45' of water...Ap

Upvote 0

flyinverted

If it floats, flys or fornicates, RENT IT.
  • Apr 24, 2012
    Fullerton, CA
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    Trojan F32
    I've been on 3 trips to cat this season. All 3 had limits for 6-7 people. 35-125 feet. Very few empty nets, a lot of shorts which means CHANGING the bait. Like a sardine not being hit on an active bite, change out your bait. Curious to what bait you were using.

Upvote 0