usraptr

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 13, 2012
Woodland Hills, Utah
Name
Brad Merritt
Boat
Cheap Thrills
Just finished this Batson Rainshadow RCJB 84XH 7' rod to present to a regular on my EXCEL trips who had signed up for but then had to cancel my upcoming EXCEL 10-Day Charter when his cancer returned. This would have been his 10th trip on my charters and I always make and give a custom rod to my 10 year veterans as a thank you for the loyalty to my Charter. I decided to finish the rod anyway and will present it to his friend, who is going on the trip, to give to Jeff when he returns. Hopefully this will lift Jeff's spirits as he continues to fight this nasty disease. The guides are Alps HXN heavy guides, the grips are EPDM foam grips, graphite reel seat and Forecast rubber gimbal. As usual, I weaved a tribal flame and the anglers initials between the stripper and second guide. The rod is wrapped in Jeff's colors with a little artistic license on my part on the inlays, etc. Tiger butt wrap continues under the stripped guide. I didn't get as much movement as I would have liked out of the Tiger which actually has the best movement under the guide, figures. Oh, well. Finished in DII UV.

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0572.JPG

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0570.JPG

Last edited:

cmepen

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 16, 2009
Chula Vista
Name
Einar Lohner
Boat
Cabo Marine 226
Nice build! I am sure it will lift Jeffs spirits! Well wishes for his full and speedy recovery!

Reactions: usraptr