StillinScrubs

Wahoo love me
Aug 30, 2005
Ft. Lauderdale/Miami
Name
Scott
Boat
Charon's skiff
October variety. If they still offer September 10 days you are asking the wrong question. If they offered august 10 days that question would be the wrong one too.

Mr GreenJeans

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 23, 2006
Irvine
Name
David
Boat
Kayak
If it's November, I prefer 12 days. That gives you enough time to go to the Clarion buffer zone in search of cows.

shajcl

Oct 16, 2005
Alameda
Name
JL
Boat
n/a
Depending on what you want. Early Oct. trips will still target variety. Every since 2005, the traditional late Oct. and Nov. trips have been turned into mostly cow hunting trips. So if you want to have a chance to get a larger model yfts then go late Oct. or Nov. If you want a variety then go early Oct.

Phil

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 5, 2006
Mississippi
Name
Phil
Boat
n/a
You did the right thing talking to the Charter Masters. Good comment above about the 2005 season and the later October and November 10-day trips turning into cow hunts. I was fortunate to be on a boat during that 2005 bite and had a great time catching my first cow. But for me, the variety of a 10-day is more important than cow fishing. I'm quite sure I'm in the minority with that opinion, at least here on BD.

My vote would be an early October - and don't compromise away from a 10-day trip. Seems like a few 8-day Fall trips on boat schedules this year but the extra two days (or more if you want) give the crew so many more options if "Plan A" does not work!

Have a great trip - Fall is my favorite time to make a Long Range trip.

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
Does these 10 day trips fish on the way up like Cedros/ Benitos before heading home?
If you could answer that question consistently and be right you would be the best skipper in the fleet

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Does these 10 day trips fish on the way up like Cedros/ Benitos before heading home?
If they have time they might stop. Just got off a 15 day and they were going to stop first for yellowtail but the weather came up so they said in 2 days they will stop for rockfish .... guess what ... the weather just got worse so we moved up the line and we came in about half hour late.
You just never know.... Also both months will work... plan it to your schedule .... what dates work for you. Don't try to figure the dates that the fish will be there or you will go nuts and be wrong. LOL .... believe me I did it..... now I am nuts. LOL