harddrive

Wish I Was Fishing!
Sep 9, 2004
West LA
Name
Min
Boat
None
I've had bad trips on the Indy, Shogun, Q105 and the Intrepid. Sometimes trips just happens and to pinpoint one boat is ridiculous.

Don't want to go on the boat, don't go on that boat. Lots of options.

It is a urban legend that the Intrepid does not communicate with the other boats in the fleet, I have been in the wheel house many times when the has been exchanges of fishing info with other boats……i have also been in the wheel house of two other boats and the skipper was in communication with the Intrepid sharing info……two years ago the Intrepid gave the Excel some ground gear after they lost a anchor and another time provided a pump for the Royal
Polaris… so much for no communication…...……but to believe that fiction of no communication does feed the appetite of the haters of the Intrepid. Bon appetite!!!!!

If you don't like the boat simple just don't go on it……we have lots of choices.

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
The funny thing is for some reason the Intrepid's trips are dissected more so than the other boats.
Blow by blow real time angler accounts that sound bad start at post 17... Somewhere down the line from the Intrepid cheer leaders and the Intrepid "haters" other issues filtered in. Gasoline on a wet bunk fire?

Ike L Fish

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 21, 2005
So Cal
Name
Joe
Boat
Not Yet
I have said it once and I will say it again. They need to do whatever it takes to get into the code group. The boat is a well designed modern boat with Kevin and a great crew , but this whole "not being in the code group" thing is snowballing the wrong way. Suck it up and do the right thing. It is a smart business decision. Your pride will heel soon enough.
Hahaha not going to happen!

Reactions: beavisjohn

migelito

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 12, 2010
So Cal.
Name
Mike
Boat
Indy
This puts a whole new meaning to the term "reach around"

When we drop this much money on a FISHING trip we automatically expect it to be a catching trip. Thats not always going to be the case. I can understand the dissapointment and second guessing of a captain especially if he isnt the marquee captain for that boat. Dont think for one second he wouldnt of liked to plug the boat for his passengers. For me the long range experience is more than catching fish, its being out to sea aways from lifes issues, meeting new friends and reconnecting with old ones.

jusjac

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 12, 2006
millbrae
Name
jack
Boat
210 outrage
We fished cesros for 1 1/2 because of the wind. We are heading south now, near the coast line. We ccaught over 200
I wish my friend rodman29 could weigh in on this, but he's been bumped off bd. I believe he will have a clear report in the future on this boat.

spinner

Dec 2, 2007
irvine
Name
mikegooing
Boat
none
the most important man on the baot is the cook. no matter what happens,good or bad,the food can always be controlled and you can always be entertained by the cook. many have been very encouraging and just a good listener to talk with. it makes the fishing a lot more fun.gooooooing

Reactions: Steve K

RIPNLIPS

Apr 13, 2006
Rough and Ready, CA
Name
Gary
Boat
2300 Striper W/A "RIPNLIPS"
Ive been reading reports all summer and fall and there does seems to be a pattern emerging with trips Jesus C. has captained on the Intrepid. The guy has a great rep as a deckhand and is now getting a rep as a captain who makes very poor choices. Aren't most seven to ten day fall trips known for variety? Captain Jesus prefers to drive around like a chicken with his head cut off instead of fishing. Seems very strange to keep reading report after report with the same MO-very little fishing time, obscene amounts of traveling during the day, anchored up at night and a lack of communication with the passengers.This is a skipper who desperately needs to be helped out by the code group. Intrepid ownership needs to fix this. Too many anglers are stating they won't fish this boat again, including some of my closest friends who were excited to fish the boat for the first time and stated "we won't ever do that again"
The Intrepid will NEVER be in the code group the boat owner does this as a hobby and NOT for a living, you can be assured of that...

canyonman

Dec 2, 2005
brooklyn
Name
joe
Boat
Independence
Will be on the way to the promised land in less than two weeks. Like mike says there's a lot more to just catching which keeps people coming back. Hopefully we all get a cow for Christmas but either way time spent on the water is valuable Tough trips suck but there is more than one boat out there. If one dosent fit check out another

Last edited:

hagridfish

Oct 21, 2008
Aurora Colorado
Name
Kevin
Boat
None
I really wanted to stay away from this one, but something caught my eye, and I have to ask. Whats up with the wet bunks???? I had that one year on the "Q" many years ago. about 8 days in on a 10 day trip. I talked to the skipper, he looked into it, thank god there was open space. But a leak is a leak. Please fill us in on this part! Is it just "haters"? or is there a problem that needs attention?

Halfprice

Aug 10, 2006
Whittier
Name
Jerry
Boat
Red Rooster 111
The leak was from the bathroom sink upstairs above room #12. The crew worked on it several hours while we were travelling south. I don't know if they fixed it or not. They moved the passengers to one of the crewmans room in the bow. Room #10 starting leaking the last night a few hours before we got to the dock. I'm sure they worked on the leaks while at the docks. Hopefully they got it all fixed up.

Jerry

Reactions: Bill W

backlashjack

Scallywag
May 14, 2007
Alta Loma, CA
Name
Jackson
Boat
Sold the boat, now I just rent a stateroom on the EXCEL
I'm a fish whore and will fish anything from a dingy on up.
That being said, I prefer the EXCEL and always will.

BTW, on my recent 9 day in September, we were baiting up next to the Intrepid and I (plus others) couldn't help but notice that girl was looking a bit rough around the edges. maybe some long needed boat work coming soon???

PATYMELTER1

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 31, 2014
PLEASANTON, CA.
Name
PATRICK
Boat
SECOND CHANCE
The leak was from the bathroom sink upstairs above room #12. The crew worked on it several hours while we were travelling south. I don't know if they fixed it or not. They moved the passengers to one of the crewmans room in the bow. Room #10 starting leaking the last night a few hours before we got to the dock. I'm sure they worked on the leaks while at the docks. Hopefully they got it all fixed up.

Jerry
Hope its fixed , I'm in room 10 on the 28th.

Reactions: speyman

Wicky Wicky

Wicky Wicky
Aug 12, 2007
Boise, ID
Name
Wicky
Boat
20' Allison GSE @ 99.4mph! Faster than a wahoo!
Leak is due to the icemaker drain in the galley from what I understand...

Halfprice

Aug 10, 2006
Whittier
Name
Jerry
Boat
Red Rooster 111
Leak is due to the icemaker drain in the galley from what I understand...

I don't think that is correct since the crew was working on the starboard sinks bathroom for several hours. If it is the ice maker drain then it runs 20' towards the stern.