ChefboyArBee

Almost A Member
Jul 26, 2015
Inland Empire
Name
RB
Boat
Glastron Sea Fury 216
This story begins on Saturday the 29th. Just like everyone else i was looking forward to the beginning of hooping season. One of the few things i look forward to each year. Got to the ramp and the boat wont start. Whats that i hear? sounds like a fast spinning whining sound. damn starter wont engage the motor. Engages for 1 second then drops down. Thats strange. It started right up at the house the day before and ran for 10 minutes. then started again and again. i drive from chino to Huntington beach and the shit dont work no more. :mad::mad::mad:. oh well. leave the boat at the boat yard then pack up and go home. Ordered a starter on amazon for $90. Drove back down on 10-3 to replace the starter and take her out. I replace the starter. ok now shes turning over but wont start. WTF? Check the fuel line squeeze the bulb but dont hear anything squeeze it some more until i hear fuel. Try to start her again and she starts right up. finally.

ok so now i Head out to chaffee island to Hoop a wreck thats right in front of it. 32ft deep. Dropped 3 nets there. Ran over to the wreck in the middle of Nowhere. Dropped 2 nets there. Picked em up every 30-35 mins. Left at 730. 1 legal and 2 shorts. Met a nice guy named Jim who was hooping chaffee island on a kayak. He said he had 1 legal when i left. Gave him a left over salmon head for bait. he said a dog ruined one of his cages. Hopefully ill have some good karma next time i go out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 15, 2016
Orange Ca
Name
Justin
Boat
Thresher 22
I got a boat , gear and looks like we look for bugs in the same area.
Hit me up if you ever want to go look for them together. I know there’s tons of bugs in that harbor. Just need to find my own honey holes.

Justin

Reactions: ChefboyArBee
Upvote 0

ChefboyArBee

Almost A Member
Jul 26, 2015
Inland Empire
Name
RB
Boat
Glastron Sea Fury 216
Picture

2EF4DF89-F086-4349-B938-93FF45E840B0.jpeg

Upvote 0

G-DUB

Catalinakook
Nov 3, 2006
HUNT BCH
Name
GREGG WARREN
Boat
256 sea fox
That’s great now everybody knows about Chaffee island The spot I’ve been hooping for years. I know it’s no Secret but not many people know about it believe it or not Sure fucking do now Way to go skip they’ll be 100 boats there this weekend say goodbye to that spot.

Upvote 0

G-DUB

Catalinakook
Nov 3, 2006
HUNT BCH
Name
GREGG WARREN
Boat
256 sea fox
Let me know when you go back out how awesome it was trying to set your net on top of everybody else’s.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChefboyArBee

Almost A Member
Jul 26, 2015
Inland Empire
Name
RB
Boat
Glastron Sea Fury 216
Let me know when you go back out how awesome it was trying to set your net on top of everybody else’s.
:hali_ruahahaha::hali_ruahahaha::hali_ruahahaha:If thats the case they wouldve been there after my posts last year. If you dont like company go during the week. No ones there then. Ill post pictures of how many boats for you tomorrow.

Reactions: Bigeasy
Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
:hali_ruahahaha::hali_ruahahaha::hali_ruahahaha:If thats the case they wouldve been there after my posts last year. If you dont like company go during the week. No ones there then. Ill post pictures of how many boats for you tomorrow.

Stick to your guns, for the most part, refine as you go, good luck, discretion.

Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    :rofl:
    That’s great now everybody knows about Chaffee island The spot I’ve been hooping for years. I know it’s no Secret but not many people know about it believe it or not Sure fucking do now Way to go skip they’ll be 100 boats there this weekend say goodbye to that spot.

Upvote 0

El Chiva

Almost A Member
    May 23, 2010
    Hb, ca
    Name
    Nomad
    Boat
    Parker 2120 Nomad
    Can’t believe this got out. I’ll move 40 yards west of it...onto my own secret spot.

That area has brain damage with all the transducers running over it, and parking on it.

Upvote 0

C-4 Fishing

Feb 4, 2014
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    Kayak

Seriouslybud

Upvote 0

crappiekiller

crappiekiller
    Jul 12, 2009
    bonita ca.
    Name
    bob
    Boat
    charlene
    Lobster are a lot like finding fish! They move around.ive caught hundreds in one spot one night went back the next for nothing! Point is lobter are where you find them. Look for big rocks, and weeds best indicators. That island is no secret spot honestly its piss poor

Upvote 0

G-DUB

Catalinakook
    Nov 3, 2006
    HUNT BCH
    Name
    GREGG WARREN
    Boat
    256 sea fox
    Everyone go hoop the TRIPLE Palms on Chaffee! 2 shorts a night gay-ron-teed!

I will be driving up from San Diego for the action tonight.
    Do me a favor stay in San Diego ,Better off why don’t you go back to Florida. This is why I don’t go out bloody decks anymore because idiots like you and stupid replies. I’ve been hoping that place for years right tide ,Easy limits, Plus it’s 15 minutes from my house.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jul 21, 2010
    hemet/ca/riverside
    Name
    SCOTT
    Boat
    bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
    can somebody post up the numbers to this spot?:D

Upvote 0

ChefboyArBee

Almost A Member
    Jul 26, 2015
    Inland Empire
    Name
    RB
    Boat
    Glastron Sea Fury 216
    Do me a favor stay in San Diego ,Better off why don’t you go back to Florida. This is why I don’t go out bloody decks anymore because idiots like you and stupid replies. I’ve been hoping that place for years right tide ,Easy limits, Plus it’s 15 minutes from my house.
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::hali_blablalba::hali_blablalba::hali_blablalba: Stay off the site then.... i doubt anyone will miss you...

Upvote 0