Aug 19, 2008
Lake Forest, Ca
Name
Matt
Boat
18' CC Holiday (RIP 1999)
nice tail!! congrats on the fish!
how do u have your metalloid spooled?
i just got an andros 5iia and was gonna spool it with 50lb braid with a short mono topcoat just curious on how you set yours up

Upvote 0

RenoG

Mission Bay - Campland 25' Larson Cabin Boat
Sep 2, 2016
Poway, CA
www.renog.info
Name
Reno G
Boat
Sea Sea Rider
John, your videos of our local waters never cease to impress; and educate. The narration is top notch and your experience and skill unmatched.

I like your title better lucky than good; because that is what most of us face who do not have so much time with fish on hooks; and need the information on what works as quickly as possible with good proof and technique to give us better luck catching those beautiful fish. Thank you so much for the 8 minutes of fishing with you; hopefully some luck rubbed off and I use that with your instructional video to bring more catching to my fishing time!

Thanks and God Bless!

Reno

Reactions: slayrider
Upvote 0

motoangler

Feb 9, 2015
Name
Tony
Boat
none
Another great video report! thank you for putting these together. Lucky and good would probably apply as well . keep up the good work .

Upvote 0

ctmfish

Almost A Member
Feb 2, 2010
Downey
Name
Cameron
Boat
Wellcraft V20
Awesome!! Divine intervention at its best! Got to try yak fishing some day, that looks like fun.

Upvote 0

ctmfish

Almost A Member
Feb 2, 2010
Downey
Name
Cameron
Boat
Wellcraft V20
Awesome!! Divine intervention at its best! Got to try yak fishing some day, that looks like fun.

Upvote 0

ctmfish

Almost A Member
Feb 2, 2010
Downey
Name
Cameron
Boat
Wellcraft V20

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Good job on catching. Nice yellow

Upvote 0

slayrider

Just a good ole boy.
Jan 26, 2010
So Cal
www.okumafishing.com
Name
John Pawlak
Boat
Coastal Kayak
nice tail!! congrats on the fish!
how do u have your metalloid spooled?
i just got an andros 5iia and was gonna spool it with 50lb braid with a short mono topcoat just curious on how you set yours up

I use 50 pound braid to at least 6 feet of fluorocarbon leader tied together with a KG knot. I prefer the pink floro and white or blue round braids.

Our fin baits have been small so in my mind the least amount of line weight (momo is heavy & braid is lite) the easier for them to drag it around so they will stay HOT longer.

Upvote 0

slayrider

Just a good ole boy.
Jan 26, 2010
So Cal
www.okumafishing.com
Name
John Pawlak
Boat
Coastal Kayak
John, your videos of our local waters never cease to impress; and educate. The narration is top notch and your experience and skill unmatched.

I like your title better lucky than good; because that is what most of us face who do not have so much time with fish on hooks; and need the information on what works as quickly as possible with good proof and technique to give us better luck catching those beautiful fish. Thank you so much for the 8 minutes of fishing with you; hopefully some luck rubbed off and I use that with your instructional video to bring more catching to my fishing time!

Thanks and God Bless!

Reno

Reno, you are too kind…THANKS!

Here is one more thing I forgot to add. Once I have the fish on the clip & deck I always test to see what it takes to fail my system. So to test I simply put a couple of raps of line around my hand and gradually pull a little harder until something gives. Sometimes the hook pulls but most often it is the knot to the hook. If you try this you will be blown away by how easy it is to break 20-pound floro and it will force you to be more patient the next time you have a big one on the line.

Reactions: Low N Slow
Upvote 0

Latest posts