Weazel

Captain
Jun 3, 2004
North County
Name
Zach
Boat
skipjack
Decided to push off from Point Loma and do some fishing.
Headed out of the harbor at 7:00 and decided to head west.
Everyone keeps talking about how rare and elusive wahoo are so we figured let's give it a shot.
Ran out to the middle of the 9-mile bank and dropped in a few jigs. Trolled for 5 minutes, hooked up, and landed this guy. Pretty stoked since we got it done so fast but we didn't know what to do with the fish. We didn't bring any ice and none of us eats fish. We weren't sure if its even good to eat so we just left in on the deck. Decide to head back in and have a few drinks at the local bar. We got lucky that some people we're walking by when we left the bar, and we gave them the fish. Hopefully it's ok since it sat on the deck for a few hours. Seemed like some out of town tourist.
Good luck to those going tomorrow.

IMG_1710 (Medium).jpg

IMG_1707 (Medium).jpg

Upvote 0

Ray staehling

Almost A Member
Jun 16, 2015
Oceanside
Name
Ray
Boat
2007 parker 1801
Beginners luck I guess, seems like all you gotta do is get out to the spot, drop a wahoo jig in, start the troll and wam! You can't bullshit a bullshitter

Reactions: Ogburn1973
Upvote 0

Mstonefish

Captain
Feb 6, 2003
Escondido
Name
Mark
Boat
22' Bayrunner CC 140 Suzuki 4 stroke
Your killing me Zach...............I was out there again all day for zilch, nice looking fish.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Wow nice catch and sorry to hear you don't like Ono. A few hours on the deck isn't the end of the world, especially if you're not the one eating it! LOL I recall seeing fish in gunnies longer than that! barf

If I were a taxidermist I'd be pushing sales big time this year.

Upvote 0

Ogburn1973

Jul 12, 2015
Name
michael ogburn
Boat
Islander
So let me get this straight, (from the pictures) you have a boat with a 10' plus beam, a $2000 bait tank, custom trolling rods with reels, you know enough to flat clip, you know enough to know what the 9 mile bank is, you know enough to get there, you got the jigs in the water, but you don't know if wahoo is good eating? You left it on the deck while you were drinking and the gulls didn't pick it apart?

Reactions: rvrrat and lougio
Upvote 0

jim isbell

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
Everyone keeps talking about how rare and elusive wahoo are so we figured let's give it a shot.
Ran out to the middle of the 9-mile bank and dropped in a few jigs. Trolled for 5 minutes, hooked up, and landed this guy. Pretty stoked since we got it done so fast but we didn't know what to do with the fish. We didn't bring any ice and none of us eats fish. We weren't sure if its even good to eat so we just left in on the deck. Decide to head back in and have a few drinks at the local bar. We got lucky that some people we're walking by when we left the bar, and we gave them the fish. Hopefully it's ok since it sat on the deck for a few hours. Seemed like some out of town tourist.

View attachment 632495

View attachment 632496
What an attitude--kill it first, then sit it out in the sun--what the hell right? At least take a towel, soak it in sea water, cover fish. Every 30 minutes, repeat, but of course you have to give a shit

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Haha..... some of these replies are too funny LOL

Looks like Zach spent a little too much time with the Boss man and BD creator himself, and some of J rubbed off on him. This post has the captain and co-owner of the boat written all over it LOL

Way to get it done early. Heard it was nice and flat out there yesterday too :D

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

lucky 100

"Swordfish Searcher"
Aug 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Captain O
Boat
Reel Caliente
Come on man!

Its obvious he new what he was doing, look at the rig and bait tank etc.

Sounds to me that he is pulling your chain.

I hope you enjoyed the Wahoo Steaks and good job

Reactions: Bottom Line
Upvote 0

ash

Chief Inspiration Officer
Aug 28, 2007
North San Diego County
Name
Ash
Boat
Still looking
Haha..... some of these replies are too funny LOL

Looks like Zach spent a little too much time with the Boss man and BD creator himself, and some of J rubbed off on him. This post has the captain and co-owner of the boat written all over it LOL

Way to get it done early. Heard it was nice and flat out there yesterday too :D

Your spoiling all the fun Mike, this post was just about to get some wheels on it:puff:

Reactions: Bottom Line
Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC

View attachment 632495

View attachment 632496

WTF is wrong with you guys!!??

Really, you go out and catch what is normally a rare fish to these waters and disrespect it by cooking it on the deck all day, and then to top it off, you pawn it off to some tourists who don't know any better!?

You guys suck man...... learn some fish ethics!

There, howz that ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest posts